OverviewHead of Digital Employee Experience, Group Internal Communication in Sydney Central Business District NSW
Branch Sydney Central Business District NSW AU
Head of Digital Employee Experience, Group Internal Communication
Sydney Central Business District NSW
digital strategy, ensuring that all employee digital… deliver the digital strategy. This is a self-directed role, providing senior level digital communication…
Head of Employee Digital Experience
Westpac Group is made up of some of Australia’s most recognised financial services brands, including Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT Financial Group and RAMS. W
When you join us at Westpac Group you’ll become part of one team striving to reach our vision to be one of the world’s great companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow. Several of our roles, such as this one work to support multiple brands and are part of the driving force behind some of Australia’s most successful companies.
Sitting within the Group Internal Communications team the primary focus of this role is to lead the design and implementation of the Group-wide employee digital strategy, ensuring that all employee digital touch points (including the intranet and other online channels) are effectively managed and evolved on an ongoing basis.
In this role you will be asked to challenge the status quo, questioning the way we’re operating and taking the opportunity to do things differently to become a leader in the market. This role will play a pivotal part in working with the Group Head of Internal Communications to introduce world leading technology to not only build a new intranet, but implement an enterprise-wide social solution, dramatically changing the way we interact within the organisation as we move to an agile way of working.
This role holds a senior leadership position within the Group Internal Communications team and is pivotal to building relationships with and influencing stakeholders across the Group.
The role will have one direct report, however the team will increase over time as required to deliver the digital strategy. This is a self-directed role, providing senior level digital communication advice to the Group Head of Internal Communication and other senior stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. You’
- Able have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suit of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments available
- Be encouraged to adopt a positive work-life balance through a range of flexible work options.
What you need to succeed
- Experience in developing effective digital solutions for large, complex multi-brand organisations (including intranet redesigns / consolidations etc.)
- Solid digital / communication experience in consultancy or in-house positions. Working successfully within large organisations with complex reputational issues.
- Exceptional influencing and stakeholder management skills, with the proven ability to influence at the highest levels of an organisation (CEO, Executive team etc.).
- Solid knowledge and experience of corporate communication, with a specific emphasis on digital.
- Strategic thinking, flexibility, ability to respond to short deadlines, operates independently and effectively in an unstructured work environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication ability.
- Proactive team player with proven ability to collaborate with others to achieve goals.
- Good level of commercial awareness and understanding of the bank’s business strategy, competitive environment and market trends.
- Tertiary degree in Digital Media, Communications, Journalism or Marketing.
When you join Westpac Group you’ll join an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability, Indigenous Australians and those that identify as LGBTi.
For more information follow Westpac Group’s LinkedIn Page and visit http://careers.westpacgroup.com.au/home.aspx
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney Central Business District, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2014-07-26