OverviewGoodman QA Coordinator Full Time in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the successful candidate will assume full responsibility for providing clear leadership and driving quality & food…
Goodman Fielder is Australasia’s leading food company. The company owns a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians and New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. Our brands include White Wings, Meadow Lea, Praise, Helga’s, Wonder White within Australia, Vogel’s, Natures Fresh, Edmonds, Ernest Adams, Meadow Fresh, and Irvines in New Zealand.
At Goodman Fielder our goal is to be the leading and most innovative local food company. In reaching that goal, we are committed to helping our people achieve their professional and personal goals while contributing to the success of a high performing team. With a focus on career development, we encourage our people to reach their full potential while also demonstrating our Goodman Fielder values.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Coordinator on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract based at Erskine Park.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the successful candidate will assume full responsibility for providing clear leadership and driving quality & food safety in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing facility.
- Provide onsite support to the site QA Manager, Operations team, supply chain and production personnel as required;
- Assist with the development, implementation and management of the quality and food safety management systems for area of responsibility;
- Maintain and develop the legal compliance and food safety plans within site;
- Drive the continuous improvement process for Quality across the site. Assist implementing site quality plans with clear goals and timelines;
- Complete complaint investigations and manage quality/food safety issues in production;
- Conduct food safety and quality training as required;
- Lead and motivate teams to achieve safety, production, quality and cost objectives and plans;
- Develop and implement site Quality Plans working with the Site Leadership Team and Corporate Quality;
- Actively support & participate in site continuous improvement programs;
- Leverage learning across the network;
- Ensure compliance with all legal, company and regulatory standards relating to quality and food safety;
- Oversee and/or lead site investigations into product complaints. Champion implementation of corrective actions and strategies for prevention and recurrence
- Communicate internally and externally to build strong working relationships
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic and drive to deliver
- 3- 5 years experience in quality within food manufacturing;
- Tertiary Qualifications in Food Technology or science related degree;
- Internal/external auditors course an advantage;
- Experience with managing all customer/consumer quality and food safety issues throughout the supply chain;
- Understanding of best practices in food safety and quality;
- A demonstrated work history of your achievements in QA;
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint (SAP is an advantage);
Employing around 5,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and New Caledonia, our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don’t just offer jobs – we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18