OverviewFSG Australia Community Linking Officer – North West Services Full Time in Gold Coast QLD
Branch Gold Coast QLD AU
Community Linking Officer – North West Services
Gold Coast QLD
To encourage informed, safe and healthy choices whilst understanding that people are the architect of their own lives and treating with full regard the choices…
Community Linking Officer North West Services
Full time – 38 hpw
Fixed Term – 12 months
Location – Beenleigh & Beudesert
Pay Level 5.1 ($59,157 p.a.)
(Depending on qualifications and experience)
FSG Australia recruits and retains staff that clearly value and understand what it is:
- To walk alongside a person and not over them
- To have the understanding that a person has an inherent need to be as independent as possible
- To encourage informed, safe and healthy choices whilst understanding that people are the architect of their own lives and treating with full regard the choices they make
- To promote, support and encourage a person directing their own service
- To understand that we work tirelessly to provide what people want and need in their lives and offer options and opportunities for them to consider
- To understand that care can overtake a life
- To have an understanding of a mutual relationship with no power
FSG Australia is a for-purpose community organisation offering innovative services in disability, mental health, aged care services, family services, children’s services and foster parenting. Our services span throughout various locations in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. From every corner of FSG Australia there is a commitment to providing Freedom, Social Justice and Growth for all people. We are determined to ensure all of our practices uphold the rights of all people to have choice and self determination and believe strongly in a community that welcomes and connects to everyone.
If you are you looking for:
- Real promotional opportunities?
- A personally and professionally rewarding career?
- A sense of being valued in the workplace?
- Excellent training and on-going professional development?
About this Program
Community Linking assists and supports people with a disability and/or their family members to access appropriate information, community resources and to identify their interests, skills and aspirations, create a vision for their future, and to access formal and informal supports that assist them to achieve their goals.
The Community Linking coordinator is a locally based professional ready to assist people to access the information and services that meet their immediate needs and to help plan for the future.
About This Position
As the Community Linking Officer you will work as part of a team which plan, coordinate, deliver and evaluate the provision of services to people with a disability and/or their Parent/Carer and families. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Providing a localised focal point in the Beenleigh/Beaudesert locations to resource people with disabilities, their families and carers so that they are able to identify and plan options for their immediate needs and future.
- Through strengths based and person centred practices, assist this target group to access appropriate responsive service options.
- Facilitate referrals to services that will assist individuals and carers to meet their immediate needs e.g. personal care, social support, respite, health, education.
- Plan and implement carer groups providing information and opportunity to build on social networks.
- To support children and young person activities by planning and implementing groups as required.
- Walk alongside people with a disability, their families and carers to identify their own personal needs, interests, goals and their future aspirations.
- To link a person or persons to social activities health and lifestyle, counselling, education and training, housing, advocacy, legal advice, financial management, aids and equipment.
- To link in with services, and follow up to ensure needs have been met.
- You may be required to assist with after hours calls where necessary.
- You may be required to work flexible starting and finishing times to satisfy the duties and responsibilities of your position and our operational requirements, including meeting participant’s needs and fulfillments.
This position will work across Beenleigh for 3 days and Beaudesert for 2 days.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- A relevant qualification and at least 2 years relevant experience;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to network and provide referral pathways
- Belief in the potential of people with disabilities, their carers and families, to achieve and contribute positively in the workplace;
- Demonstrated skills and experience leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary team;
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including sound negotiation skills and an ability to identify causes of conflict and resolve problems quickly;
- Knowledge of Strength Based Practice.
- Highly developed organisational and assessment skills and ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and sound decision making.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Management and Staff.
- A current Qld driver’s licence; and
- The willingness to undertake any additional internal training necessary for the role and own professional development.
The successful applicant must also demonstrate a commitment to FSGA’s defined practice frameworks based on Recovery, Inclusion and Human Rights Principles. All FSGA staff members at all levels are expected to demonstrate creativity, energy, innovation and flexibility and have a passion and commitment to making a positive difference.
We would like to hear from you if you are passionate and can truly demonstrate valuing of people.
How to apply
Please contact [email protected] or (07) 5564 0655 for any further details or questions
Applications close: Friday 23rd October 2015
Location: Gold Coast, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2015-10-19