OverviewFirst Personnel Project Assurance Part Time in Melton VIC
Branch Melton VIC AU
Proven experience in providing quality management and quality assurance services on enterprise and large complex projects – Essential….
Melton City Council is looking for an experienced Project Assurance person who will take on the management of key client projects with the goal of delivering projects on time, within budget and within scope.
1 . POSITION DETAILS
POSITION: Project Assurance
DIRECTORATE: Planning and Development
SERVICE UNIT: Capital Projects
APPROVED BY Manager Capital Projects
POSITION TYPE: Part-time
DURATION: 3-6 months
PROJECT: Portfolio Office Project
REMUNERATION: $90 p/h (neg)
2. POSITION OBJECTIVES
Project Assurance is a vital role in the organisational setup of a project within Melton City Council (MCC).
Council is seeking a senior practitioner in the area of portfolio program and project management to provide quality assurance services to the Portfolio Office Project on a part-time basis.
The role reports to the Project Sponsor and Project Owner and allows the governance groups to double check the affirmations of the Project Manager on progress, and specialist aspects of the project.
This is a specialist role. The successful applicant will have the required subject matter expertise and preferably experience in the design and establishment of portfolio management discipline within a government organisation.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assurance and strategic advice to governance roles on the correct status of the project and its ongoing viability.
- To provide input to the development of the Business Case, budget estimates and forecasts, ongoing operational costs and investment analysis.
- Confirms that the right Project Approach is adopted by the project.
- Provides input to the project risk assessment.
- Reviews the Business Case and provide a recommendation on approval or otherwise.
- Reviews and confirms the completeness and accuracy of the business and technical requirements.
- Reviews and confirms the completeness and accuracy of the project plans.
- Ascertains that the individual interests of the Project Sponsor, Project Owner and Business Customers are protected.
- Gives objective advice to the Project Sponsor and Project Owner.
- Performs checks on the quality of the project outputs.
- Participate and contribute in issues impact analysis including the recommendation of alternative solutions and corrective actions.
- Participate in the review of Progress Status and End Stage Reports.
- Ascertains completeness of the project.
- Monitors deviation from the project plan.
- Ascertains that quality standards are adhered to.
- Confirms that (management) controls are adequate.
- Reviews completeness of plans and quality of outputs from Third parties.
- Monitors the impact of any changes (scope, timing, costs) on the Business Case.
4. ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to: Capital Projects Manager (Project Owner)
Chief Executive Officer (Project Sponsor)
Internal Liaisons: Project Manager, Project Team, Management
5. KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Relevant experience and qualifications in all aspects of project, program and portfolio management – Essential. Experience and/or qualification in PRINCE2, MSP and P3O are desirable.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills – Essential.
- Proven ability in engaging and gaining the co-operation and buy-in from senior management stakeholders – Essential.
- Proven experience in the design, development and implementation of Portfolio, Program and Project Management (preferably in public sector organisations) – Essential.
- Proven experience in the establishment and management of a Benefits Realisation Model – Essential.
- Proven experience in strategy development and business strategic mapping – Essential.
- Proven experience in providing quality management and quality assurance services on enterprise and large complex projects – Essential.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Melton, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14