OverviewFinite Migration Architect Contract in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
The successful Migration architect should have technical skills to understand the applications architecture and data centre architecture, able to communicate…
This Leading Telecommunication company is currently seeking a Migration Architect to join a highly engaging environment to be responsible for defining strategy, architecture and solution to migrate different types of systems, applications and data between data centres smoothly with no or little impact to business continuity.
You will have a good understanding of infrastructure in a data centre such as network, storage (SAN/DAS/NAS, Cloud Storage, etc.), database, Virtualization & Cloud technologies.
You will be able to gather information from different source environments and map it to targeted environments, remediate the gaps and incompatibilities. The successful Migration architect should have technical skills to understand the applications architecture and data centre architecture, able to communicate effectively and negotiate where needed with other architects and management team. You will also possess deep understanding of various industry-wide migration frameworks and approaches.
- Design and build reusable solutions that can be implemented to migrate infrastructures (physical and virtual) and application within or across data centres.
- Define migration strategy and approach.
- Design Migration Facility and create migration patterns.
- Works with data centre migration project manager and application teams to collectively plan and define migration waves.
- Create migration Low Level Design (LLD)
- Create Work Instructions/Run Books for migration events.
- Identify and evaluate commercial tools that can automate and reduce significant amount manual effort needed in migration of resources and applications from old to new data centres.
- Evaluate existing infrastructure and applications and come up with strategy and plan to migrate them as-is (Like-for-Like), lift and shift or convert/modify and migrate to a new datacentre or a virtual environment or private/public cloud.
- Perform Source to Target Mapping. Share lessons learned from other migrations, best practices and drive change
- Oversee end-to-end migration of infrastructure and application migration from source datacentre to new data centre. Remediate the exceptions quickly that arise during migration and enable the migration process to continue without interruptions to business continuity.
- Participate in architecture related discussions to ensure technology decisions best support data centre migration business needs.
- Provide technical leadership to the migration execution team.
- Nature and Scope of responsibilities the candidate should have handled in the past:
- Large data centre transformation and IT infrastructure design and architecture covering Compute/Servers, Virtualization and Storage architectures.
- Experience in migrating systems and applications. Should have experience in Like-for-Like, lift and shift hardware, VM migration, transform and migrate, storage migration amounting to peat bytes of data
- Prepare Solution Design documents for chosen tools
If you fit the above criteria please click apply or email me your resume and a supporting email highlighting your suitability for the role.
Please APPLY NOW or contact Murray Le Lievre for more information
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18