OverviewField Ecologist Part Time in New South Wales
Branch NSW AU
New South Wales
We manage more than two million hectares of forests for the economic, environmental and social benefit of the people of NSW and Australia….
Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) is the largest manager of commercial native and plantation forests in NSW. We manage more than two million hectares of forests for the economic, environmental and social benefit of the people of NSW and Australia. FCNSW adheres to the values of integrity, collaboration, respect, innovation, customer and stakeholder focus, safety and sustainability.
The Field Ecologist is responsible for the timely and efficient completion of accurate ecology surveys that are consistent with established quality standards, ensure compliance with external requirements and so minimise risks to the corporation.
The Field Ecologist will enjoy contributing to the efficient collection, storage, retrieval and quality checking of survey data to support decision making and establish operational plans. In this role you will utilise your excellent communication skills by consulting with a diverse group of key internal and external stakeholders in regards to ecology survey results to effectively communicate and address related risks.
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- Sound knowledge of forest flora, fauna and habitat relevant to the area of operations.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications, experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in flora and fauna survey techniques and habitat assessments, and use/maintenance of a variety of survey and related equipment.
- Knowledge of forest management, including silviculture, fire management and harvesting.
- Organisational skills – ability to plan and prioritise work, meet standards and deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal, report writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills in using appropriate software, including GIS Commitment to continuous improvement and customer service.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulatory requirements and best-practice methodologies
- Capacity and willingness to undertake fire and fuel management duties, firefighting and extensive travel (mainly driving), work extended hours, and to maintain sufficient fitness for the job (e.g. able to efficiently conduct reconnaissance / investigation through difficult terrain and dense vegetation) and a current drivers licence.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Rohan Bilney on (02) 6496 8807.
How to apply: Please email us your cover letter, telling us in no more than 1-2 pages why you are suitable for the role and a copy of your current resume
Note: The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete a medical examination which includes Drug and Alcohol screening and a Fitness Test (called the Task Based Assessment).
Apply for this job
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE FORESTRY CORPORATION OF NSW WEBSITE
Friday, 12 May, 2017
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: , ,
Posted on: 2017-04-25