OverviewEnergyAustralia Mechanical Specialist Engineer – Tallawarra Power Station Full Time in Silverwater NSW
Branch Silverwater NSW AU
Mechanical Specialist Engineer – Tallawarra Power Station
Silverwater NSW 2128
Mechanical Specialist Engineer – Tallawarra Power Station. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Mechanical Specialist to join our Engineering Team…
Mechanical Specialist Engineer – Tallawarra Power Station Apply now Job no: 499297
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: New South Wales
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Mechanical Specialist to join our Engineering Team based at the Gas Fired Tallawarra Power Station located near Wollongong in NSW.
The Power Station is an integral part of EnergyAustralia’s Generation portfolio and plays an important role in delivering safe, efficient and reliable energy to our customers.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to develop and implement Asset Management strategies and provide expert technical advice and engineering support concerning Mechanical Plant at Tallawarra Power Station. This includes but is not limited to the Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG), Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, pressure vessels and Mechanical Balance of Plant.
This position will be accountable for, but will not be limited to the following:
- Deliver in-depth technical advice regarding plant integrity, process safety and asset management.
- Development and implementation of Asset management strategies and life management plans for relevant areas of the plant to ensure objectives of the business unit are met.
- Complete engineering investigations and report on technical issues.
- Complete technical projects to enhance plant operational flexibility, process and thermal efficiency.
- Develop, plan and deliver major projects and maintenance packages for Mechanical Plant to achieve business outcomes.
- Provide input and manage budgets consistent with Asset management strategies.
What we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering and / or demonstrated relevant equivalent qualifications and /or experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the technical area of Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated project management, contract administration and budget management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexible communication style to cater to a diverse range of situations and gain commitment and acceptance of ideas and plans.
How to Apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the ‘Apply’ button to submit your application.
Please apply using your CV and a brief covering letter explaining your current situation, motivation for applying and suitability for the vacancy.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Silverwater, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-26