OverviewElbit Systems of Australia System Engineer Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Elbit Systems of Australia
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Bachelor of Systems Engineering/ Computer Science/ Mathematics. Software or Systems engineering in the defence industry (highly desirable)….
Job no: 492453
Work type: Full time
Elbit Systems of Australia (ELSA) is an Australian subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd, established to serve the needs of the Australian Defence Force (ADF). We provide technology from abroad and enhance the technology to provide solutions specifically tailored to our Australian customers’ needs.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Functional Manager, and working closely with the Business Development Manager- Simulation and Training, you will design and integrate computer simulations systems, software and network s including defining complex system requirements, determining system specifications, processes and working parameters. The role is a hybrid Simulations and Systems Engineering position, with the Simulation workload varying based on operational demands.
You will be required to:
- Determine operational and training solutions for various problems with unique, state of the art simulation and C2 software components
- Act as the SME in the Simulation capabilities operation, terminology and technical terms
- Be proactively involved with determining System level architecture
- Work closely with the Business Development and Training Services teams to assist with the successful transition of training the Training Services team and roll out, as well as ongoing support of the systems
Skills, knowledge and experience to be successful in the role include:
- Bachelor of Systems Engineering/ Computer Science/ Mathematics
- Demonstrated experience in a similar simulation role or systems engineering role
- NV1 security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain
- Ability to travel, including interstate, when required
- C4i experience (highly desirable)
- Software or Systems engineering in the defence industry (highly desirable)
- HLA/DIS protocols and application of simulation to support training and capability modelling requirements (highly desirable)
Benefits of joining ELSA include:
- Novated lease options
- Discounted health insurance
- Employee wellbeing programs including Health Assessments, Employee Assistance Program, Flu shots, free fruit and bike racks
- Free access to thousands of online courses for your personal and professional development, including hobbies
We look forward to receiving your application.
Advertised: 07 Mar 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 01 May 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17