OverviewEastern Health Pharmacy Technician – EH Gastroenterology Support Temporay in Box Hill VIC
Branch Box Hill VIC AU
Pharmacy Technician – EH Gastroenterology Support
Box Hill VIC
Join a friendly and supportive team to provide pharmaceutical care for patients. Assisting pharmacists in the provision of clinical services and sterile…
Pharmacy Technician Grade 2 or 3 (EH Gastroenterology Support)
Pharmacy Department Box Hill and Maroondah Hospital
Grade 2 or 3 Permanent – fixed term (until May 2018)
Applications are now open for a suitably qualified applicant, looking for part time or full time work to join the friendly and supportive Pharmacy team at Eastern Health. The EH Gastroenterology Support technician works under the supervision of the Eastern Health Senior Specialist Gastroenterology Pharmacist and is responsible for assisting in the provision and review of pharmacy services to the Eastern Health Speciality Medicine Gastroenterology Services.
This exciting new opportunity exists for a Grade 2 or 3 technician. As the successful candidate, your role will (but will not be limited to):
- Provide regular analyses of medication stock control, medication expenditure, revenue and surplus of hepatitis C medications, infliximab biosimilars and any other medications deemed appropriate to enable effective control of medication expenditure
- Audit PBS infliximab and adalimumab (any other medications deemed appropriate) prescriptions minimising the risk for prolonged dosing intervals
- Ensure all indicated hepatitis C medications and biologicals are reimbursed
- Ensure all usage is compliant with formulary restrictions and clinical guidelines
- Assist with target medication programs and drug usage evaluations as needed
- Provide education sessions to the pharmacy department and health care professionals
- Non sterile and aseptic manufacturing
- Ward pharmacy support work
- Assisting pharmacists in the provision of clinical services and sterile manufacture of pharmaceuticals
- Drug distribution
- Stock control and replenishment
- Technical components of prescription processing
- Assist in PBS claim preparation
- Entering of pharmacy data
- Assist or stand in for other members of the Pharmacy Support staff as required
- Able to work within established procedures or in specialised areas eg clinical trials, sterile manufacturing with a high degree of autonomy and accountability in accordance with Pharmacy Board of Australia guidelines
- Assist in the supervision, training/mentoring of other pharmacy technicians and if required will undertake a clinical tutor role
- Additional duties as directed that are within the limits, skills, competence & training & consistent with the position’s classification
- Participation in weekend and public holiday roster
Join a friendly and supportive team to provide pharmaceutical care for patients. Access to employee benefits including ADOs, salary packaging, staff discounts and employee assistance.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Completed a Certificate 3 in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician)
- Completed a Certificate 4 in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician) OR equivalent qualification awarded by a registered training organisation or as approved by the Pharmacy Board of Australia ( eg Peter MacCallum chemotherapy preparation course)
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- The ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- An interest in aseptic manufacturing
Other skills that are desirable, but not essential, include:
- Aseptic manufacturing skills including in the Laminar Air Flow (LAF) and Cytotoxic (Downflow) setting
- Experience with Merlin software for dispensing and stock management
Eastern Health is the largest public health provider in the eastern suburbs, providing a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and health care needs.
The Box Hill Hospital Redevelopment is a modern built facility opened in September 2014. It is an innovative and technologically advanced facility for the provision of great care.
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference then capitalise on the opportunity to make a difference to your career – apply today!
For full details refer to the attached Position Description.
Please submit all applications online The successful applicant to this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment Police Check.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here !
Eastern Health Values: Excellence Accountability Compassion Teamwork Integrity Respect Collaboration
Desirable: See position description
Essential: See position description
(03) 9871 3520
Alternate Contact Person
Alternate Contact Number
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Box Hill, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-26