OverviewDrug ARM Australasia Clinical Worker – Warwick / Stanthorpe Full Time in Queensland
Drug ARM Australasia
Branch QLD AU
Clinical Worker – Warwick / Stanthorpe
Respond to the full range of psychoactive substances available (including alcohol, tobacco, licit and illicit drug use, pharmaceutical drug misuse, emerging…
Program Overview The Objective of the Program is to provide a drug and alcohol counselling, group support and case management service for people in Warwick and Stanthorpe increasing current capacity in the region.
The program strengthens responses to the use of ‘ice’ through providing drug education, treatment, support and community engagement. These measures underpin the National Ice Action Strategy , which includes achievable actions that will help governments, service providers and communities work together to reduce the supply and use of ‘ice’, and the harm it causes to the community.
Delivered in accordance with Harm Minimisation and the Bio-Psychosocial model and Recovery Orientation as outlined in the Model of Service, it will support integrated approaches to treatment services and focus on improving care coordination at the local level.
The program provides clinical support services for individuals addressing addiction and related issues and is a response to the increase in demand for alcohol and other drug (AOD) treatment, which may be attributable to increasing methamphetamine use through a needs based and targeted response to changing needs in the community.
Position Overview The Clinical Worker will be responsible for delivering intensive clinical support services for individuals seeking support to address substance misuse and associated issues.
The Clinical Worker will:
- Operate within the framework and principles of harm minimisation as articulated in National Drug Strategy 2010-2015.
- Recognise the spectrum of substance use and facilitate flexible and stepped care models tailored to individual need and stages of change.
- Build and maintain active professional links to General Practices, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health services to deliver multi-disciplinary team based services.
- Respond to the full range of psychoactive substances available (including alcohol, tobacco, licit and illicit drug use, pharmaceutical drug misuse, emerging synthetics, poly drug use).
- Improve continuity of care through use of eHealth initiatives.
- Respond to the method of use and associated risk factors, in recognition of the fact that drug use trends change rapidly.
- Demonstrate accessibility through prioritising assertive outreach strategies.
- Be flexible, responsive, holistic and responsive to diversity.
- Be client centred.
The Clinical worker works within a team and has accountability and responsibility for delivering a professional service that aims to meet benchmarks set for the program. The position reports to the State Coordinator.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working within a harm minimisation framework using a Bio-Psychosocial approach, Clinical Workers will deliver a spectrum of service interventions; assessment, group support, case management/care coordination, case formulation, counselling, psycho-education, social skills training, relapse prevention and referral strategies to clients seeking to address substance misuse and associated issues.
- Have thorough knowledge and clear understanding of program eligibility for all Drug ARM programs and relevant external services.
- Develop partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders to enhance referral pathways, shared care and discharge planning opportunities are maximised.
- Engage in care coordination with other agencies, professionals and services to ensure quality wrap around care and care planning is achieved.
- Record case notes and data in a timely manner consistent with confidentiality and professional standards. Analyse and interpret statistical data and client feedback on a regular basis to inform practice and identify trends that may affect service delivery.
- Contribute to the design and development of procedures and associated work functions.
- Apply professional, ethical and legal requirements in service provision.
- Demonstrate ongoing contribution to the quality improvement initiatives of the organisation.
- Apply contemporary HR practice and at all times contribute to Work Place Health and Safety and Risk Management processes.
- Support the marketing, promotion and fundraising activities of the organisation.
- Be willing to perform other duties as reasonably required.
Requirements of the Position Sk ills, knowledge, experience, qualifications and or/training
- Knowledge of statutory requirements relevant to work.
- Knowledge of organisational programs, policies and activities.
- Sound discipline knowledge gained through experience, training or education.
- Knowledge of the role of the organisation and its structure and service.
- Able to build effective relationships with Aboriginal Torres Strait Islanders/CALD groups.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong community links.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a team.
Minimum undergraduate qualifications in Health/Human Services with experience in the sector. Three-year degree with two (or more) years of relevant experience. Membership with a relevant professional body preferred.
- Adhere to and practice the organisation’s mission, vision and core values.
- Be proactive, positive, enthusiastic, energetic, responsible and friends.
- Provide positive constructive feedback for fellow staff, supervisors, volunteers and students.
- Be committed to providing quality programs and excellent services and support that represent leadership and innovation.
- Adhere to the code of dress at all times.
- Other duties as required from time to time to enhance services.
Essential Selection Criteria Please respond to each Selection Criteria question to the best of your ability
- Willingness to work within the Christian principles of the organisation.
- Undergo relevant Police and/or Security clearances.
- Hold a current valid Driver’s Licence.
- Immunisation status.
- This position may require travel to the National Office or other locations for development and training.
- This position requires good knowledge and skills in using the MS Office suite of programs, internet, Microsoft Outlook and client management databases.
It is not expected that applicants may have all the required experience, skills and/or knowledge in all the identified areas. The most suitable candidate may be the one who is honest about his/her limitations and open to new learning and skills.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15