OverviewDowner EDI Senior Software Developer Full Time in East Perth WA
Branch East Perth WA AU
Senior Software Developer
East Perth WA
Demonstrated experience as a Senior .Net Software Developer within a software development team. Reporting to the Divisional Manager – Software Development, we…
Job ID: 540145
Job type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
Who we are Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Position summary Snowden has an enviable track-record of completing over 12,000 projects in more than 60 countries. We have helped mining companies and investors achieve real bottom-line value and meet market guidance. At Snowden, we believe that every mining project, operation and investment has latent value waiting to be unlocked with the right thinking, the right processes and the right systems.
Our common purpose is to achieve profitable growth while constantly innovating to meet the ever-changing needs of our global market. In pursuit of operational excellence, we are driven by our passion to be the industry leaders in all that we do. We are guided by our values as we strive to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager – Software Development, we are now recruiting a Senior Software Developer with strong C#.NET development skills to join our R&D team on their class leading cloud platform.
You will be an experienced software developer (preferably .Net) and have solid experience working on big data solutions using the Hadoop open source stack. Extensive understanding of big data architectures is a must as well as in depth knowledge of Spark. Any experience with cloud based solutions is favourable, specifically if that experience relates to Azure platform services.
Your duties will be a mix of enhancing and maintaining big data architectures, working with the operations research team on analytical problems, and writing .Net services for data management.
You will be joining an elite team at Snowden in a fun environment where new challenges are presented daily and work is anything but boring. You will need to enjoy working in a team, be passionate about innovation, and keep in touch with the latest technology developments. The types of problems we’re solving range from fleet optimisation problems for a mine site, to predicting tyre rock cuts on haul trucks, to enabling smarter city initiatives. The data sets supporting these solutions can be huge and contain anything from CSV files to CCTV footage. This is an opportunity to join a company with world class software and first rate developers, and to further your career as a software consultant.
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior .Net Software Developer within a software development team
- Demonstrated experience with Apache Spark
- Additional skills with Azure HDInsight , Azure Data Lake Store and Analytics
- A solid understanding of SQL Server and SQL Server Analysis Services
- An awareness and interest in the Azure Cognitive API
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Presentable and professional
- Self-starter and motivated individual
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- A highly reputable international business offering variety and challenge.
- A diverse, supportive and flexible work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative.
- Competitive remuneration package and professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to play a key role in the delivery of the company objectives of Zero Harm, growth, sustainability and optimisation.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a seasoned professional to further grow and enhance their career.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Please click the “Apply” button below or contact Nathan De Jong on 08 6212 9506 for further information.
How to apply To apply for this great opportunity please click the button
Closing Date: 12 May 2017 W. Australia Standard Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: East Perth, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15