OverviewDowner EDI Environmental Superintendent Full Time in Kingaroy QLD
Branch Kingaroy QLD AU
We are currently in search of an Environmental Superintendent to join our business and drive environmental performance….
Job ID: 540154
Job type: Full time
Categories: Health Safety & Environment
Who we are Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Position summary Downer Mining has a long term contract with Stanwell Corporation to provide total mining services at Meandu Mine. The mine supplies coal to the adjacent Tarong Power Station and is a residential mine located 25 kilometres south-east of Kingaroy, with the majority of its workforce being employed from the local community.
We are currently in search of an Environmental Superintendent to join our business and drive environmental performance. As an expert in your field and a proven, strong leader, you will support the project by designing practical environmental strategies as well as managing the operational implementation of environmental management systems and compliance monitoring programs to meet statutory obligations and client expectations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Engineering/Science or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in a similar leadership role within the mining industry
- Demonstrated experience in leading and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Talented in engaging with and influencing various stakeholders
- A solid understanding of Queensland environmental legislation, standards and management systems
- Demonstrated experience in environmental compliance monitoring in particular surface and ground water
- Ability to analyse and report on technical data
- A proven focus on providing workable solutions and initiative in problem solving.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A career defining opportunity to join a market leading, diversified business
- A Residential position on a 5/2 roster, located in the South Burnett/ Kingaroy region
- A diverse leadership team who will support your journey
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities
- A genuine commitment to the health and safety of our people
- Attractive, market competitive remuneration, employee benefits and salary packaging options
- An opportunity to drive positive environmental change.
For further information, please contact Monika Eames on 07 3026 6788.
How to apply To apply for this great opportunity please click the button
Closing Date: 03 May 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Kingaroy, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24