OverviewDowner EDI Control Systems PLC/SCADA Graduate Engineer Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Control Systems PLC/SCADA Graduate Engineer
Engineering (All disciplines). Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. Ongoing training in project management and control systems engineering…
Job ID: 539638
Job type: Full time
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Position summary The Utilities division of Downer is a leading delivery partner to owners of gas, electricity, water, waste-water, and telecommunications. Downer connects people and communities through the operation and maintenance of water, power and gas networks; construction of transmission and distribution networks, renewable power generation, waste-water and water projects; and we also connect homes and businesses with telecommunications.
Our Water Engineering team has an opportunity for a Control Systems PLC/SCADA Graduate Engineer to come on-board and work with our team that is located in Melbourne, Victoria. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated Graduate to learn all aspects of our operations with genuine career growth prospects. You will be part of a team of engineers, drafters and designers to facilitate successful project delivery and support to operational plants, which will give you a strong exposure to the areas of client relations, identifying innovative solutions and continual improvement, budgets and forecasting, programming, resourcing, reporting, and ensuring that all projects are delivered in a safe manner that upholds Downer’s Zero Harm philosophy.
- Tertiary Qualifications in either Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic, or Control Systems Engineering
- Some exposure to waster water treatment work would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of PLC and SCADA programming.
- Some exposure to high level programming languages (Java, .Net, VBA) and SQL would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- An understanding of planning, execution and reporting of projects.
- An understanding of project management as well as engineering principles and construction methods.
- Understanding of the importance of Zero Harm work practices.
- Be outcome focused and have strong communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Some demonstrated ability to work with people both in a team and autonomously.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Advanced computer skills in particular project and excel.
- Willing to travel interstate for short periods of time based on project requirements
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work for an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment are at the forefront of all that we do.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Career path and mentoring towards CPEng registration
- Ongoing training in project management and control systems engineering
- Exposure to other industry sectors such as substations and renewable energy generation
How to apply To apply for this great opportunity please click the button
Closing Date: 18 May 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18