OverviewDowner EDI Asphalt Supervisor Full Time in Maddington WA
Branch Maddington WA AU
Construction, Civil Engineering. Exposure in civil road construction, road maintenance and surfacing would be ideal. Who we are….
Job ID: 540209
Job type: Full time
Categories: Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Position summary Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer’s Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An opportunity has become available for an astute Asphalt Supervisor to join our surfacing team in Maddington to provide services within the metropolitan and regional areas. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of projects, and maintenance works of varying sizes. Reporting into the Perth Contracting Manager, you will be accountable to lead and coordinate personnel, while managing the plant, suppliers and resources in order to complete project and maintenance works on time, on budget and achieve Downer’s Zero Harm objectives.
- You will have similar experience gained within the asphalt, surfacing, paving or related industries.
- Previous experience in plant operation and possession of a White Card is essential.
- Previous experience with managing the project operations.
- Effective supervision of personnel, plant, machinery and subcontractors on site.
- Exposure in civil road construction, road maintenance and surfacing would be ideal.
- Strong financial reporting acumen with demonstrated success in managing performance in order to meet and exceed agreed targets.
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management.
- Proven ability to drive accountability throughout the workforce, including the implementation of robust processes.
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability with building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of the relevant Occupational Health and Safety regulations and legislative requirements as applied to the road Industry.
- Strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For more information contact: Helen Kruimel (03) 9644 9216
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the button
How to apply To apply for this great opportunity please click the button
Closing Date: 13 May 2017 W. Australia Standard Time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Maddington, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16