OverviewDeloitte Risk Services – Data Analytics – Analyst/Senior Analyst – Melbourne Full Time in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Risk Services – Data Analytics – Analyst/Senior Analyst – Melbourne
O Financial Services & Insurance. O Forensic response and financial crime. Experience in working with data from financial systems….
About our team
Risk Services help our clients identify, manage and elevate their preparedness for risk, driving the risk agenda across key areas of the Australian economy.
We work with our clients to offer insights and perspective on pivotal issues that impact risk across information technology, fraud protection, bribery and corruption, workplace health and safety, business continuity management, security and resilience, project risk, analytics, contract risk, major capital projects and more.
Our Risk Analytics team is aiming to grow quickly. We are looking for passionate data analytics professionals to drive this growth throughout our Risk Services team. Focusing on the biggest risks to organisations, you will be part of a team that brings skills in data sourcing, analytics methods and tools and visual communication. You will work with clients and Partners across Risk Services and the firm to deal with a range of current and emerging risk related issues that may include Risk transformation, Regulatory issues, Financial Crime, Contract Risk, Safety, Project Assurance and Internal Audit support.
About the role
Based in Melbourne we are looking for an Analyst/Senior Analyst to get involved in:
• Contribute to the design of analytical solutions in response to risk issues.
• Identify organisational risks and opportunities for process and system changes to better manage future risk.
• Interact cohesively with other members of the Risk Analytics team, including being a buddy to new members of the team.
• Support recruitment of new team members.
• Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of data towards relevant communications to explain the value of the work completed.
• Assist in identifying and collecting data from financial systems and other related data sources.
• Assist in assessing and determining the techniques and tools to be used in collection, analysis and communication for a project.
• Apply selected analytical techniques and tools to achieve project outcomes.
• Evaluate and describe the reliability and utility of source information.
• Work closely with other team members to deliver project objectives.
• Communicate early when expectations are unlikely to be met in terms of time or budget expectations set by management.
Self-review work to minimise error.
About your experience
• Bachelor degree or higher qualification in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Commerce or equivalent field(s).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A solid technical grounding in SQL, SAS, VBA or other programming languages.
• Experience in working with data from financial systems.
• Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in following systems and procedures.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Ideally, experience in visual communication of analysis.
• Ideally, an understanding of the appropriateness of applying rules-based analytics and data driven analytics.
• Ideally, exposure to project management principles.
• Ideally, experience in applying Risk Analytics to at least one of the following Risk Services solutions:
o Forensic response and financial crime
o Risk and controls transformation
o Internal audit
o Specialist risk services such as Security, Safety, Contracts and Major Projects.
• Ideally, experience in applying Risk Analytics to at least one of the following industries:
o Financial Services & Insurance
o Energy & Resources.
Ideally, an understanding of core accounting and business concepts.
Click ‘Apply now’ below or contact Kate Tzavaras via Contact Us for a confidential discussion.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2015-03-03