OverviewDeakin University Site Director – Deakin University Academies of Teaching Excellence Temporay in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Site Director – Deakin University Academies of Teaching Excellence
Facilitating the development and maintenance of explicit links between theory and practice. The Site Director is employed as a liaison, who facilitates learning…
The Site Director is employed as a liaison, who facilitates learning across the university and school contexts of the Deakin Academies for Teaching Excellence.
This will include:
- Overseeing all dimensions of the site-based and residency-based professional experience placements undertaken in a specified alliance of primary and secondary schools within Deakin University’s Academies of Teaching Excellence.
- Ensuring suitable recruitment of teacher-mentors and supporting their professional development relating to initial teacher education.
- Facilitating the development and maintenance of explicit links between theory and practice.
- Coordinating the alignment of pre-service teams with localised school improvement initiatives.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Education or a related field.
- Registered teacher with demonstrated deep knowledge of contemporary educational initiatives informing school improvement and initial teacher education.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader in teachers’ professional learning.
- A track record as an educational leader and/or professional coach.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Dianne Toe, Tel: +61 3 5227 1455, Email: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE : Sunday 7 May 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that’s why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume. To apply please click Apply button.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-24