OverviewDeakin University Coordinator – Student Admissions Temporay in Waurn Ponds VIC
Branch Waurn Ponds VIC AU
Coordinator – Student Admissions
Waurn Ponds VIC
Sound understanding of admissions in the higher education sector, preferably with experience of the VTAC system….
To provide high level guidance, technical support and administration to all stakeholders within the University on Admissions processes, whether directly or indirectly through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
This will include:
- Providing high-level advice and support for admissions to students, divisions and Faculties in relation to VTAC processes and to coordinate the centralised assessment process for direct applications to the University.
- Managing the course availability on the Applicant Portal ensuring compliance requirements are met and issues are resolved.
- Coordinating the VTAC upload, including error resolution, offer processing and initiation of strategic changes to enhance the system.
- Ensuring that the VTAC data is compatible with the Student Management System and that all enhancements are fully tested, reporting any inconsistencies.
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent experience in tertiary administration.
- Sound understanding of admissions in the higher education sector, preferably with experience of the VTAC system.
- Demonstrated experience in a tertiary institution in the area of student administration.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating large scale processes.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Andrea Robinson, Tel: +61 3 5277 2822
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 26 April 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that’s why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume. To apply please click Apply button.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
* Indicates this fixed term contract could potentially be a secondment arrangement if the successful applicant were a current Deakin staff member (subject to approval).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Waurn Ponds, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16