OverviewCorporate Services Senior Desktop Support Officer Full Time in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Senior Desktop Support Officer
Senior Desktop Support Officer – 000058NB Are you someone who can provide exceptional customer service in a high volume IM&T area? Can you provide…
Are you someone who can provide exceptional customer service in a high volume IM&T area? Can you provide technical support to users, manage the deployment of software, system upgrades and applications? If this sounds like you, please continue reading…
We are currently seeking a Senior Desktop Support Officer
The role is located at Sydney Olympic Park
It is an ongoing opportunity
Working with us
The Office of Sport is the primary source of advice to the Government on sport and recreation sector matters. The Office collaborates with key sector partners to promote and deliver a vibrant and valued sport and active recreation sector that enhances the lives of the people of NSW.
About the role
In this role you will provide service desk, technical support, and advice to users across multiple locations, platforms, and technologies. Ideally you will be experienced in providing remote support over the phone and using screen sharing technology.
You will be required to manage the desktop SOE design and deployment, maintenance of information systems, and application rollouts. Experience with technologies such as SCCM, MDT, Group Policy and PowerShell would be highly advantageous.
You will be required to manage assets in line with the asset management policy and ensure CMDB records are kept accurate.
- ITIL certification at least to Foundation level (ideally v3 2011)
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
How to apply
To apply for this role, you need to submit an application via
, Job Reference No. 000058NB.
When applying you need to:
- Answer the two pre-screening questions (see below) which should demonstrate your competency in the focus capabilities (up to 300 words per question).
- Provide cover letter that details how you meet the capabilities of the role (maximum 1 page)
- Provide a resume that details your previous experience (maximum of 4 pages)
Further information about “Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service” is available
on I work for NSW
1. Describe from your experience the end to end process of desktop application deployment using an example of a new or significantly upgraded application that you have deployed to a large number of users.
2. Tell me about a time where you were required to explain a complex technical problem to someone who does not understand technical jargon. What approach did you take in communicating this and what was the outcome?
- For further information about the role please contact Michael Fry (02) 8754 7995 or view the
- The successful applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Records Check.
- No offer of employment will be made until all relevant clearances are finalised.
11.59pm, Sunday 7 May 2017
The Office of Sport is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, women, LGBTI, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you have any accessibility requirements, please liaise with the contact officer. We provide reasonable adjustments for people
Sydney Region-Sydney – Greater West
Number of Positions
Total Remuneration Package:
$100,003 – $110,697 per annum. Package includes salary ($90,215 – $99,862), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
(02) 8754 7995
07-May-2017, 11:59:00 PM
Help desk/support services
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23