OverviewConnect Personnel Project Logistics & Procurement Coordinator Contract in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Project Logistics & Procurement Coordinator
Extensive experience providing project logistics and procurement support within the mining and/or heavy industries….
Our Brisbane based client is involved in Engineering Design, Procurement and Project/Construction management of mining and minerals processing plant and equipment.
This is a five (5) month contract starting early August. The successful applicant will coordinate project logistics and procurement for delivery of Mineral Processing Plant and equipment globally.
Duties will include:
- Prepare shipping documentation for domestic and international shipments
- Work with freight forwarders to achieve project delivery schedules
- Warehouse co-ordination for the preparation of goods for packing prior to shipping
- Able to interpret contract documents, engineering drawings and data sheets
- Excellent planning and interpersonal skills required to maintain relationships with project managers, engineers, technical staff and suppliers
- Integral support to project and supplementary functions to ensure requirements and schedules are preserved
- Coordinate procurement process (requisition entry & purchase order processing, expediting and invoice reconciliation)
- Procurement of goods and services for projects and supplementary requirements
- Coordinate and review RFQ process for goods and services
- Source alternative goods and services to meet project requirements
- Extensive experience providing project logistics and procurement support within the mining and/or heavy industries
- An excellent knowledge of international freight forwarding which is considered to be essential
- Strong communication skills to negotiate with domestic and global clients, domestic and global suppliers and global company offices
- A willingness to work hands-on in the warehouse environment
- A mechanical trade background is highly desirable but not essential
- Experience working with Ellipse for purchasing functions and supplier invoice reconciliation which is desirable but not essential
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office software
If this is your background and you are available on short notice please apply attaching your CV in MS Word format. Please feel free to contact Warren Pennell on 07 3229 4177 or 0401 244 371 to discuss the opportunity.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2015-07-28