OverviewConcrete Account Manager Full Time in Newcastle NSW
Branch Newcastle NSW AU
Identify and thoroughly follow up all new business, product and/or project opportunities within the existing customer base….
About Holcim Australia
Holcim is one of the world’s leading suppliers of construction materials including cement, aggregates,concrete and precast products with 80,000 people in 70 countries around the world and annual sales in excess of US$20 Billion.
With a strong focus on sustainable development, Holcim’s values are strength, performance and passion. We have been supplying Australia’s construction industry including major infrastructure, civil and mining sectors for more than 100 years, previously under the well-known Readymix and Humes brands.Holcim Australia employs 3,000+ people and operates over 300 sites across Australia.
Our Hunter Region Concrete business has enjoyed considerable success over the last 5 years and with business expected to continue growing we are looking to take on an additional Account Manager.
About the role
Reporting to the North Coast Sales Manager you will be responsible for achieving sales targets and business goals for the region by maintaining a structured approach to prospecting that maintains and improves relationships with our current & dormant customer base.
Key Responsibilities: *
- Identify and thoroughly follow up all new business, product and/or project opportunities within the existing customer base. *
- Resolve customer issues, disputes and/or complaints, both onsite and offsite, in a prompt and professional manner. *
- Proactively promote the full product and service range within the territory to maximise up-sell and cross-sell opportunities. *
- Ensure all customers are trading within their allocated credit limits and continually identify and assist in managing at-risk and bad debt customers. *
- Maintain and understanding of the market changes, trends, opportunities, risks and competitive activity. *
- Implement all national functional/customer excellence initiatives.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in a customer facing role within the building materials industry or similar.
You are confident and highly motivated with good verbal communication skills & a head for numbers.Above all you have well developed interpersonal and customer service skills.
You enjoy the sales process from identifying potential customers through to discussing solutions and find it easy teaming up with others to make things happen. *
- Able to build long term business relationships. *
- Positive, resilient, curious & goal orientated *
- Salesforce experience is highly desirable
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate integrity, a positive attitude & strong sales skills throughout the selection process.
Why join Holcim Australia? *
- We strive for best practice across our entire business. We are industry leaders in safety management, environmental performance, social responsibility, sales force effectiveness, and operational efficiency. *
- We invest in the development of our people, providing a variety of careers within the company both locally and globally. *
- We have a great culture. On average people stay with us for 8 years, moving to new roles approximately every 2-3 years. *
- We are dedicated to our environment and the communities where we live and work in.
Find out where Holcim can take your career by applying today.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2015-04-21