OverviewCompass Group Australia FIFO Chefs Temporay in Perth WA
Compass Group Australia
Branch Perth WA AU
The company provides operational support in catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics. ESS is the market leading support services division of…
ESS is the market leading support services division of Compass Group, providing multi-service capability to major companies operating in the oil and gas, mining and construction industries. The company provides operational support in catering, housekeeping, technical services and logistics. This is a great opportunity to join a successful, global organisation.
We are currently seeking experienced, qualified, and passionate Chefs to work at a variety of remote village sites in WA. You’ll be at the forefront of the Compass workforce and you’ll be the key to providing high quality and nutritious food to our clients’ staff.
If you like variety, then this is an exciting and rewarding field of work with real benefits.
The Technical Requirements
- Large Batch Volume Cooking – 300 + Guests
- Large Commercial Kitchen – Multiple Outlets Experience
- Professional Culinary Arts Qualification, ideally a Cert III Commercial Cookery
- Food safety certified
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Australian Drivers Licence; manual preferred
The Physical Requirements
- Frequent movement and heavy lifting
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
To be successful in these roles you’ll need:
- Solid remote site experience in a similar role, or equivalent experience in cruise ships or in 4-5 Star hotels
- The capacity to work night shifts as necessary
- Proven experience working in a ‘buffet service’ environment
- Evidence of completing a Chef Trade Apprenticeship
With all roles, you’ll need the ability to work well under pressure, have strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities, together with outstanding attention to detail.
We can offer on the job training and development, a competitive salary, recognition programs including awards, and team event days, site based benefits; and company discounts.
So, if you are a ‘get in and get it done’ person, who thrives in fast paced environments with new challenges, likes working in a diverse team, and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then you’ll fit right in and we’d like to have you on our team.
You must be able to demonstrate Australian work rights
All current vacancies are FIFO to remote WA locations, ex-Perth. Successful candidates must complete all recruitment requirements including, but not limited to, pre-employment medicals, interview, and site inductions.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Perth, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21