OverviewCompass Group Australia Chef | Brisbane Part Time in Brisbane QLD
Compass Group Australia
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Chef | Brisbane
Allergen Management, Food Hygiene, Food Safety Standards and Cleaning. A passion for producing quality foods. From small private hospitals to the largest public…
From small private hospitals to the largest public health campuses, our broad range of service solutions include catering, retail, facilities management, cleaning services and even security and help desk. At Medirest, we provide the non-medical services that keep Australia’s healthcare facilities in top shape.
Your can-do attitude and safety focus along with your passion for quality and service will be rewarded at Medirest. A variety of work locations, rosters and great people are just the beginning. Talented and motivated team members can expect their careers to flourish with Medirest, one of the world’s most recognised healthcare brands.
We are recruiting now!
We are seeking a motivated, trade qualified Chef for a permanent part-time position (approx. 30hrs per week) based in a busy paediatric hospital. This role would suit someone with at least 5 years’ experience looking for a lifestyle change within the hospitality industry. Working in this unique environment you will advance your knowledge around specialised dietary requirements and paediatric nutritional needs. Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be working in a variety of kitchen departments as well as leading a team of kitchen staff as required. This position works a rotating roster therefore availability Monday to Saturday from 6am is essential. Training will be provided to cover all positions in the main kitchen.
- A passion for producing quality foods in a structured environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an effective member of a great team
- Ability to manage and follow precise recipes cards
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Allergen Management, Food Hygiene, Food Safety Standards and Cleaning Procedures
- Knowledge of stock control and food safety storage procedures
- Great cooking ability, with exceptional time management skills in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Fantastic Communication skills; both written and verbal
In line with the required Legislation, a Valid and Current (3yrs) Police check as well as immunity to Hepatitis B will be required as part of the standard recruitment and selection process for this position.
Join a team that shares your commitment to quality, safety, teamwork and “can-do safely”. Click apply now.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18