OverviewCoffey Senior Contaminated Land Specialist – Auditors Assistant, Melbourne Contract in Melbourne VIC
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Senior Contaminated Land Specialist – Auditors Assistant, Melbourne
Mining and oil and gas. Reporting to the Leader, Site Assessment and Remediation, the main objective of this role will be to utilise your technical expertise,…
Reporting to the Leader, Site Assessment and Remediation, the main objective of this role will be to utilise your technical expertise, business acumen and project management skills to deliver projects for our clients and provide support to our EPA appointed Environmental Auditors in a primary audit support role.
The role also may require you to contribute to both site assessment and remediation projects and to assist in the preparation of specifications, proposals, reports and other documentation.
You’ll have the chance to work with a team who is backed by renowned technical experts on a diverse range of projects and continue to build and foster client relationships, and being very hands on and flexible with projects and priorities.
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised tertiary institution in environmental science, geochemistry, hydrogeology, geology or environmental engineering
- At least 6+ years of industry experience working on contaminated land assessment and remediation projects, with at least 3 years of experience gained within Australia and preferably in Victoria
- A proven track record of strategically navigating contaminated sites through the Victorian Contaminated Sites regulatory framework and previous experience as an Environmental Auditor Assistant will be highly regarded
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with professional writing skills to produce highly technical reports and winning proposals
- Previous success in building effective relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- The ability to be a team player by motivating and supporting others
- High level of motivation to take ownership of and be accountable for quality and budget delivery of contaminated land projects
An affinity for problem solving, and enthusiasm for innovative and practical solutions will ensure your success in this role
Our talented geoservices and project management specialists collaborate with our project partners and clients to deliver vital national and international projects in transport and property infrastructure; mining and oil and gas.
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with Coffey’s reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities.
Coffey believes in equal opportunity
We care about what makes us different – and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking. Our clients do too. They’re the very things that fuel collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21