OverviewCMA CGM and ANL Agencies Australia Port Opertions Officer Full Time in Brisbane QLD
CMA CGM and ANL Agencies Australia
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Port Opertions Officer
The Group offers a complete range of activities including shipping, handling facilities in port as well as logistics on land….
CMA CGM is the world’s third largest container shipping company with headquarters in Marseilles, France. The Group offers a complete range of activities including shipping, handling facilities in port as well as logistics on land. The Australian group consists of CMA CGM Australia, ANL Container Line Pty Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of CMA CGM group) and a shared back office department CMA CGM and ANL Agencies Australia (CCAAA) with centralised offices in Melbourne and branch offices in all Australian states.
An exciting opportunity has become available in the Operations team in CCAAA Brisbane. Reporting to the National Manager Ships and Terminals, this role is responsible for-
- Co-ordinate vessel arrival and departures with port services minimizing delays.
- Ensure vessel dispatch to comply with published schedules.
- Arrange efficient and cost effective berthing and dispatch of ANL/CMA and other vessels in line with agreed guidelines and stevedoring windows.
- Attend vessels as required to ensure all agency and husbandry matters are dealt with appropriately and efficiently.
- Complete and file arrival / departure reports in a uniform and timely manner.
- Review and approve stevedoring, vessel, port cost, transport and all other Ops invoices.
- Ensure system Port Call Reports are completed within 5 days of the vessel departure.
- Recommend policy changes and improvement in operations as appropriate to conform with industry “best practices” and Port development.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who wants to develop within the company and take on the challenges offered in this department. Ideally the successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience: –
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a shipping operations or sailing experience will be looked upon favourably.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders.
- Good time management skills and an ability to prioritise workloads whilst working unsupervised.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving skills.
- Excellent keyboard skills in all MS Office applications and strong technical ability to learn systems.
- The ability to work autonomously while thriving within a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure and stay calm in stressful situations and still keep learning and inquiring.
- Dedicated to continuous improvements with a strong commitment to achieving results .
If you believe you have the ability to face the pressures of this challenging role, follow the instructions below to apply now.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2015-03-03