OverviewClarius Group Business Analyst Contract in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Supporting the business by contributing to delivery of the project and business analysis artefacts. The Business Analyst will assess the business and develop…
The BA role will involve business analysis planning, monitoring and gathering requirements for the business process modelling repository and the selection of a business process modelling tool. This role will also be responsible for eliciting requirements for divisional and business unit plan reporting, customer experience strategy and customer engagement related reporting requirements.
This role will involve working with multiple stakeholders to understand their needs, concerns and the environment they operate in. The Business Analyst will assess the business and develop documentation including business requirements documentation, business process modelling, report specifications, stakeholder mapping etc.
Key Challenges and Influences
- Gathering information from various sources internally and externally, and analysing this information to develop a robust business model.
- Clearly defining the problem, scope, requirements, business model and documenting business processes prior to the development of the solution. This is necessary to produce optimum results in the most innovative, cost efficient and workable manner.
- Supporting the business by contributing to delivery of the project and business analysis artefacts.
- The identification and management of all critical business functions that may be impacted by the development of the project.
- Building and maintaining sound relationships with key stakeholders both within Operations, across the other OSR business units, as well as with external agencies by executing an effective consultation process to ‘bring them on board’ and manage their expectations.
- Facilitate workshops as necessary, document requirements according to business needs, verify and validate requirements to ensure they meet business needs. This includes obtaining sign-off from management and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development, co-ordination, communication and implementation of new legislative policy, business processes, while ensuring operational consistency and the implementation of the project product.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders/SMEs to highlight the impact(s) of proposed changes to current business processes/systems. Relationships and interdependencies should be clearly identified. Provide support required to achieve project deliverables.
- Assist the business in managing change arising from the implementation of initiatives.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a structured project planning framework; the preparation of accurate documentation of new business processes and a planning timetable, in accordance with approved standards.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Stakeholder management including facilitating workshops
- Exposure to BABOK [Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) highly regarded]
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma
- Knowledge and experience of the Agile and waterfall business analysis approach
- Experience in creating test cases and conducting UAT desirable
- Tenacious, self-driven individual capable of doing whatever is required to drive projects to successful outcomes
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
Interested? APPLY Now!
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18