OverviewCity of Melbourne Senior Events Coordinator Full Time in Melbourne VIC
City of Melbourne
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Senior Events Coordinator
Skills in event administration including preparation of event plans, reports, correspondence, papers, database management and general office duties….
$99,351 + 9.5% Superannuation (prorata)
Temporary Full Time from April 2017 to 30 October 2017
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
The Position… is part of the Premier Event team that delivers a number of events for Council such as Moomba, New Years Eve, Melbourne Spring Fashion Week and Melbourne Music Week, plus a number of Melbourne Celebrations events. In consultation with the Executive Premier Event Manager, the incumbent will have the opportunity to work on one or more events during the course of a year.
You will have … (selection criteria)
- Well-developed project management skills including the ability to provide input into the planning process, manage project plans within budget.
- Understanding of logistical, technical and risk management issues relating to events.
- Demonstrated understanding of or experience with marketing and PR/media requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of the community and proven ability to meet expectations of stakeholders.
- Skills in event administration including preparation of event plans, reports, correspondence, papers, database management and general office duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for the Melbourne Fashion Industry would be highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
- Motivational personality, capable of bringing along new staff members
- Discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Energetic and enthusiastic team leader
- Inspire confidence with strong commercial acumen
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter responding to the selection criteria as listed above under ‘You will have…’ (no more than 2 pages in total)
Please address your covering letter to Elissa Stanyer, Executive Manager, Premier Events
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety , diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14