OverviewCity of Melbourne Senior Building Surveyor and Contract Manager Temporay in Melbourne VIC
City of Melbourne
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Senior Building Surveyor and Contract Manager
Qualifications in Building Surveying and registration (or proven eligibility for immediate registration) as a Registered Building Practitioner in the category…
$99,351 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Full Time, to 25 May 2018
9 Day Fortnight
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
Are you a Building Surveyor that is looking to work with an organisation that will expose you to work you won’t find anywhere else in Victoria? If you are a strong people manager and love construction read on!
City of Melbourne’s Planning and Building Branch provides customer orientated building, planning and land survey services, ensuring the right balance between facilitating development and maintaining a high built form standard and safe environment.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Building Surveyor and Contract Manager to join our team.
T he Position… supports the Manager Planning and Building to fulfil the responsibility on behalf of Council as required by the Building Act and the Building Regulations. This role heads up a team of 6 in our site services area to ensure best practice customer service, and effective delivery of a permit service, which includes construction site and local law permits.
You will be someone who actively fosters a culture of great customer service!
Your team will be responsible for permit related inspections, and the management of information and financials relevant to permits issued. You will also be responsible for managing the provision of construction management plans and our inspection service. We are looking for someone who is a positive leader that leads by example, who aims for continuous improvement, and has a strong working knowledge of the Victorian Building codes, OH&S compliance and service performance standards.
If you wish to inspire good performers, enjoy communicating with people and building relationships then this is the role for you!
You will have …
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence. This includes a personal commitment to ensuring the team embraces Equal Opportunity and diversity principles
- Qualifications in Building Surveying and registration (or proven eligibility for immediate registration) as a Registered Building Practitioner in the category of Building Surveyor – Unlimited
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Proven ability to identify, acquire and coordinate resources and staff to ensure the effectivedelivery of outcomes within required timeframes
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven written and oral communication skills, including experience in drafting correspondence, analysing reports and making recommendations
- Excellent networking skills and ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than 2 pages), as listed above under ‘You will have…’
Please address your covering letter to Angela Meinke, Manager Planning & Building.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety , diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-20