OverviewCity of Darebin Sport Participation and Inclusion Officer Part Time in Darebin VIC
City of Darebin
Branch Darebin VIC AU
Sport Participation and Inclusion Officer
Safety screening processes apply. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and…
Position No: E54006
Salary: $81,421 per annum (pro rata)
Temporary (to 30 June 2018)
Part-time, 22.8 hours per week (scope for additional hours)
Applications Close: Wednesday 26 April 2017 at noon
Contact: Allana Sharman on 8470 8302
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Sports Participation and Inclusion Officer to join our dynamic Leisure Services Team.
This is an exciting temporary position offered at 3 days per week with scope for additional hours. We are searching for a person with experience in developing and implementing a range of programs and services to increase participation of marginalised communities in sport and physical activity, particularly focusing on women and girls.
This position will be responsible for:
• Providing support for the facilitation, development and implementation of community leisure programs within the municipality to community groups and organisations, in particular around access and equity issues
• Increasing awareness of the benefits of sport and recreation environments that are inclusive.
• Influencing local level planning so that it delivers sport and recreation environments that cater for the broader community
The successful applicant will possess:
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to strategically plan, develop, co-ordinate, implement, promote and evaluate a wide range of recreation, health and leisure programs.
• Experience and/or significant understanding of trends and issues related to access, and participation in sport and recreation participation for groups under-represented within the sport and recreation context, including people with disabilities, women, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) and Indigenous people.
Apply online or forward hard copy applications to: Manager People and Development, Darebin City Council, PO Box 91, PRESTON VIC 3072.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description will not be considered. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity, and inclusion. Safety screening processes apply.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Darebin, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16