OverviewChisholm Institute Legal Officer Part Time in Victoria
Branch VIC AU
This a legal role, providing quality, commercially astute and timely legal advice to support and facilitate the activities of the Institute and its strategic…
This a legal role, providing quality, commercially astute and timely legal advice to support and facilitate the activities of the Institute and its strategic direction.
The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer, assisting the Institute in strategic commercial transactions and enhancing the Institute’s capacity to effectively meet and manage its legal obligations.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Provide timely legal advice to the Chief Operating Officer and other key stakeholders on commercial matters including corporate governance, transactions, intellectual property, commercial property and compliance.
- Draft, review and amend commercial contracts to protect the Institute from exposure to risk and ensure that documents are consistent with the Institute’s policies, standards, and approach to risk management, and in line with its strategic direction.
- Draft submissions, briefing notes and correspondence on matters across a broad range of areas for the Institute’s legislative and statutory bodies.
- Prepare reports, submissions, responses and correspondence on legal and policy issues and in relation to the Institute’s compliance obligations.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, information and changes, status reports and other documents.
In return, you will be part of an organisation with a strong respect for work / life balance.
You will have a Bachelor of Laws, with 2-4 years post admission experience either in private practice or in-house, with strong commercial experience in multiple areas including corporate governance and transactional work.
You have particular expertise in contract administration and negotiation, with the required skills and experience to review, amend and draft technical legal documents, and provide practical advice to stakeholders.
You are a highly motivated professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently. You have a strong commercial and strategic focus with the capability to support strategic organisational objectives and goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 5pm 1st May 2017
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
All applicants require:
- a valid Employee Working With Children Check
- a National Police Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, for example, citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Sue Drummond, Business Partner, People, Culture and Risk on Phone: +613 9212 5289
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Victoria, TX, US
Posted on: 2017-04-15