OverviewChalkers Crossing Pty Ltd Winemaker and Manager Full Time in Young NSW
Chalkers Crossing Pty Ltd
Branch Young NSW AU
Winemaker and Manager
Young NSW 2594
Attend domestic customers and trade days with company distributors. Perform all winemaking operations with the help of the assistant winemaker….
Chalkers Crossing was established in 2000 and is a benchmark for the quality of wines from the Hilltops and the Tumbarumba regions of NSW. We have focused on producing outstanding wines that reflect the terroirs of these two cool climate regions. Chalkers Crossing has won multiple awards at National and International wine shows and is a 5 star winery in the James Halliday Wine Companions.
Chalkers Crossing seeks to appoint a self-motivated, well organised person with a quality-focused and mature approach to fill the position of Winemaker and Manager at Young in the Hilltops Region of Southern NSW. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Winemaker to manage a 250 tonne winery of super premium fruit.
The successful candidate will be passionate about wine, self-motivated, possess leadership skills and be able to work effectively within a small team.
The candidate will possess a tertiary qualification in Oenology and have at least 5 years winemaking experience in a similar role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competency in all areas of winery operations including;
- Implementation of all winemaking duties from harvest to bottling
- Perform all winemaking operations with the help of the assistant winemaker
- Predetermine wine blends and styles according to company objectives, domestic and international marketing targets
- Ensure the wines are at the highest possible standard with respect to the prerequisite style
- Supervise and oversee vineyards practices in cooperation with the viticulturist
- Establish and maintain relationships with contract grape growers
- Work with management to achieve budget and production goals
- Strength in leading a successful team and the ability to prioritise tasks to achieve objectives that maximise efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure WHS procedures and processes are up to date and complied with.
- Ability to maintain a safe and tidy working environment
- Experience in supervising staff and people management
- Excellent communication skills, self motivation and an effective team player
- Excellent record keeping
- Act as “Brand Ambassador” for the company at promotional events, National trade shows and tourism activities in the Hilltops.
- Attend domestic customers and trade days with company distributors.
- A valid driving licence
- First aid certificate, forklift licence and RSA are advantages
- Applicants must have Australian Citizenship/residency.
A remuneration package commensurate with the successful applicants qualifications and experience, will be offered.
Your application should address the responsibilities listed in the job description and be forwarded with your CV by the 16 May 2017 via email using the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Young, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18