OverviewCentral Coast Local Health District Manager, Activity Based Management Temporay in New South Wales
Central Coast Local Health District
Branch NSW AU
Manager, Activity Based Management
New South Wales
Tertiary qualification in Management, Accounting, Business, Commerce, Health Information Management, Health Administration or extensive relevant experience…
The position of Manager, Activity Based Management exists within Central Coast Local Health District (The District).
This position is responsible for the implementation of Activity Based Management (ABM) across the entire District and to ensure that the District achieves optimal health outcomes within budget for all patients and clients across admitted (acute and sub/non-acute), non-admitted and emergency department modes of service delivery. The position will ensure that activity is optimised in order to deliver the best possible outcomes of care to patients, the best possible results when comparing the District’s performance (financial and non-financial) to other Local Health Districts, both within and outside the New South Wales Health Service, and the best possible revenue outcomes for the District from Government (Funding) and ‘own source’ (Private Revenue) revenue streams.
This position will manage the District-wide process of continuous review of performance by comparison to NSW Peer Hospitals, and to other exemplar hospitals, in all components of care across all modes of service delivery. Informed by the continuous review of performance, the position will drive the continuous performance improvement process by engaging clinicians and teams in relation to all aspects of ABM. This will be achieved by the position operating with a high degree of autonomy, expertise, knowledge and initiative within delegated authority to:
- Developing and implementing strategic business plans for the ABM Team; for the broader group of support teams including the ABM Team, the Clinical Redesign Team, the Quality Unit, and Health Information Services; and for the District as a whole including Divisions, for any aspect of the organisation as appropriate in relation to the achievement of the District’s ABM goals,
- Managing the ABM Team within the allocated budget, and allocating resources as appropriate within financial delegations to ensure that the District’s ABM goals are met,
- Exercising complex judgements, developing and implementing new or changed policies and procedures in relation to ABM to ensure that the District’s financial and patient care outcomes are achieved in line with the District’s ABM goals,
- Managing the identification of sub-standard performance District wide in relation to ABM and managing the development and implementation of individual strategies for the achievement of specific identified ABM improvements. The design and implementation of ABM strategies has a direct influence on the allocation of divisional budgets under the ABM framework within the Division.
- The position will also act as a change manager to improve ABM outcomes by improving the relationships and interactions between various individuals and/or teams, such as (for example only):
- Medical Officers to Clinical Coders
- Orthopaedic Medical Officers to Geriatric Medical Officers
- Palliative Care Team to Oncology Care Team
- Medical Officers to Continuing Care Team / Discharge Planners
- Be responsible for the provision of expert advice and guidance, execute complex judgements as well as provide high level analytical services to ensure that operational managers make well informed management decisions on an ABM basis in relation to patient flow, case management, care pathways, and matters relating to funding and/or revenue.
Please Note: This position is open to current staff of CCLHD only.
If you have not already done so, you may need to request your email address (either personal or health email) be linked as being a CCLHD employee.
To do this you must fill the relevant information on this form: eRecruit User Permissions Request Form
Field required to be filled in:
- Personal Details
- Health Agency : Permission required is CCLHD
- Internal Users Only : tick box: Employee – Internal Applicant.
Form must be submitted to [email protected]
Note: Manager authorisation is not required for this form
Tertiary qualification in Management, Accounting, Business, Commerce, Health Information Management, Health Administration or extensive relevant experience within a high level Business Management Team.
Extensive knowledge and experience in applying ABM principles and revenue improvement strategies, and demonstrated strong analytical capabilities.
Superior Knowledge and practical skills of software packages commonly used for: clinical coding, clinical costing, medical record keeping, patient administration, performance analysis (ie. Business Objects, Qlikview, SAS, SPSS, NSW Health ABM Portal) and MS office software (particularly Excel).
Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills and proven capabilities in liaison and negotiation at all levels and with a wide range of stakeholders.
Extensive experience in identifying and Managing service provision changes with a view to improving efficiencies in the Health environment.
Experience in managing a broad range of information and monitoring & reporting on performance at a senior level, in a large, complex organisation.
Demonstrated strong understanding of clinical coding, the factors that contribute to it, and how this relates to assignment of DRGs.
Demonstrated ability to develop policies and procedures working within legislation in relation to key components of the role, including: Activity Based Funding, Medicare Benefits Schedule, Clinical Coding, Patient Administration, Workplace Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Employee Performance Management (Caring for the Coast).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: , NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21