OverviewCBP Lawyers Conveyancer/Paralegal Full Time in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Prior experience as an Licensed Conveyancer or Property Paralegal with responsibility of managing matters would be highly regarded….
Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 400 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Work closely with a dynamic and highly successful team and be responsible for:
- File management from start to finish including across Conveyancing matters – sale and purchase files as well as sub division and large scale development matters
- Preparation and editing of contracts and relevant documentation and correspondence
- Conducting searches and enquires
- Exchange and settlement preparation (including settlement figure calculation)
- Following up with banks, financial institutions, and all stakeholders on all conveyancing matters
- Conducting billing
- Updating legal database records
- Managing client relationships
- Ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate:
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from your peers and leader. You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- Prior experience as an Licensed Conveyancer or Property Paralegal with responsibility of managing matters would be highly regarded
- A passion for property conveyancing and property development
- Students with an interest in property, studying a Bachelor of Law who can work full time are also encouraged to apply
- Excellent deadline management skills with the ability to adjust and manage flexible priorities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Manage own file load
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We commit to promoting a truly diverse workforce and culture, that is inclusive of everyone and gives all of our people the opportunity to build and advance their career in a way that is aligned with our core values: balance, respect, loyalty and integrity. This will assist us to improve the business performance of the practice, acquire and retain the best talent, enabling us to build effective teams for our clients and deliver the highest calibre service.
We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16