Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2017-04-21
CBH Resources Health Coordinator Full Time in Cobar NSW
Branch Cobar NSW AU
Conduct health surveillance programmes for site. As a Health Coordinator at any CBH Resources location – the following are core business expectations….
As a Health Coordinator at any CBH Resources location – the following are core business expectations
- Develop and implement plans to coordinate day to day activities within the department to achieve forecast targets.
- Communicate plans with supervisors and other relevant personnel, as required.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with Sustainable Development
- Assist with planning and coordination of resources within area of responsibility.
The Health Coordinator provides a service to employees and contractors by identifying, implementing, monitoring and controlling injuries and health issues on site. This role requires communication with all Site Supervisors to manage the process in which personnel achieve compliance with statutory and site requirements. This role also requires close communication with all SHE Personnel to allow coordination of all day-to-day operations. Aspects of the job include:
- Maintaining high standards of performance and adopt a proactive approach to OHS issues to ensure compliance with statutory requires and company policies and practices
- Reporting all safety hazards/risks and incidents according to site procedures
- Demonstrating a committed and conscious effort towards the health and safety of self and others on site at all times
- Ensure housekeeping of work area provides a safe and healthy environment at all times
- Identify and contribute improvement ideas.
- Where applicable contribute to the daily planning process
- Implementing health system, health promotions and lifestyle requirements
- Ability to demonstrate higher knowledge and system knowledge by contributing to training, technical system updating and strategy development for site performance improvement.
- Collate and file all documentation of employees. Work to safe work procedures, risk assessments and Job safety assessments for various work areas.
- Liase with doctors and employees to develop and successfully manage injured workers and return to work plans
- Manage Workers Compensation claims
- Develop and maintain a site safety database system that will track all injuries on site, their classification and submit the relevant reports
- Provide relevant reports and information to relevant managers and supervisors on health related topics
- Implementing health system, health promotions and lifestyle requirements.
- Liaise with doctors and employees to develop and successfully manage injured workers and return to work plans.
- Manage workers compensation claims for injured workers.
- Co-ordinate health assessments for pre-employment Bi-annual medicals and exit medicals.
- Input all relevant medical data and update files.
- Represent Endeavor at practitioner level with other mines on database development and implementation.
- Conduct Functional assessments for EMS employee and pre-employment.
- Maintain and Update site safety data for end of month stats.
- Develop and maintain a site Safety database system that will track injuries on site there classification and summit relevant reports.
- Develop and maintain a site Health system that will track all medical trends.
- Conduct health surveillance programmes for site.
- Promote and educate health on site.
- Provide reports and information to relevant managers and supervisory on health related topics.
- Maintain good work relations with supervisors, peers, subordinates and internal as well as external clients, such as contractors, supplier and service providers
- Ensure close communication & flexibility with supervisor to allow coordination of all facets of the day-to-day operation of the SHE Department.
- Ensure Plods and any other documentation requested are complete, punctual and of a high integrity.
- Stick to the issued work plans as prioritised by the SHE Superintendent, provide feedback on issues or roadblocks with work and/or plans.
- Tertiary Qualification in the Safety, Health &/ OR Environment fields
- Able to work autonomously to achieve individual, team and organisational goals.
- Internal consulting and influencing skills – can communicate complex concepts and advice to senior management and promote favourable safety behaviour change in management and the workforce.
- Can develop excellent relationships with peers internal and external to CBH Resources
- Strong time management and organisational abilities being able to meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Knowledge of NSW legislative requirements
- Experience in Occupational health & safety
- Strong understanding of job roles and required tasks
- Ability to comprehend medical information
- Advanced Computer skills
- Intellect coupled with motivation and drive
- Act honestly and with integrity at all times