OverviewCatholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle Digital Communications Assistant Part Time in Muswellbrook NSW
Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle
Branch Muswellbrook NSW AU
Digital Communications Assistant
The Digital Communications Assistant is responsible for updating Diocesan websites (Diocese, CatholicCare, Catholic Development Fund, MNnews.today, St Nicholas…
841 Hunter Street, Newcastle
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle serves the Hunter and Manning regions which have a population of some 150,000 Catholics. Through its parishes, pastoral groups and its agencies of Catholic Schools and Catholic Care the diocese provides pastoral, educational, social welfare and community development.
The Digital Communications Assistant is responsible for updating Diocesan websites (Diocese, CatholicCare, Catholic Development Fund, MNnews.today, St Nicholas Early Education) by regularly sourcing, producing, uploading and editing content for publication in line with established editorial guidelines. The role will also source, schedule and publish social media content for the Diocese and its agencies, subject to approval from the Online Communications and Brand Officer; and produce the weekly Diocesan eNewsletter.
- Degree in Communications or Digital Media, or a similar discipline.
- Experience developing digital content for publication (written and multimedia).
- Experience in the use of corporate Content Management Systems.
- Experience managing day-to-day operations for social media channels and communities.
- Ability to work within a corporate brand suite, ensuring established standards are upheld.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills including the skills to communicate technical matters to non-technical staff via online channels.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage several tasks at one time in order to meet a deadline.
- Capacity to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Commitment to work to support the mission of the Diocese.
- Experience in HTML media production.
- Skills in digital media production including promotional video content.
Geri Williams – Communications Officer
02 4979 1185
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Muswellbrook, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17