OverviewCareers Australia Applications Web Developer Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
Applications Web Developer
As Applications Web Developer, you will work on a range of minor and major projects for the business as a whole, focussing on web development….
At Careers Australia, you have the opportunity to be part of creating brighter futures and opportunities for everyone. We aim to be the best at what we do. This means that we must attract, develop, engage and retain the best people in their fields of expertise.
We’re looking for an innovative, driven and a creative thinker to join our team.
What’s on Offer?
We are currently expanding our development team and looking for a talented Applications Web Developer to join our Systems Application Support crew (SAS).
As Applications Web Developer, you will work on a range of minor and major projects for the business as a whole, focussing on web development. You will also be required to provide Level 3 support on SAS cases that require code changes, as well as ad hoc assistance with Level 1 & 2 support to the business and internal development where needed.
What will you do?
- Provide web development support to the wider Careers Australia Business through both BAU support case management and project development
- Provide timely and accurate support to all end users queries as per SLA’s set by the Development Project Manager
- Keep updated with the latest web development trends and formats
- Apply and encourage best practice on system (CSS, HTML, PHP, Java)
- Maintain the operation of the Custom web 2.0 functions across the Salesforce and Blackboard Applications for Careers Australia
- Work effectively with all Careers Australia Departments and communicate any delivery conflicts according to SLA’s to the Team Leader
- Any reasonable ad-hoc tasks and project work as required and directed by management
- Be the go to SME for new web development features, internal project releases and system changes for Stakeholders and key liaisons within the business.
- Be across all custom web development in salesforce and Blackboard including integrations to marketing supported sites and EDM’s
- Provide support for the marketing departments Ad-hoc web development requirements
What will you bring to the role?
You will bring at least 2 years’ experience within a web development role and have proven experience of working with cloud systems, along with:
- Advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and resourceful approach to work
- The ability to work in an agile and fast paced environment
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and sustain a high level of confidence in relation to the SAS Team
- Effective time management skills with the ability to accurately and timely completion of tasks
- High level attention to detail, excellent forecasting and problem-solving ability
- An organized and proactive individual with a strong work ethic
- Proven experience to adapt to changes in a fast moving industry
- Proven knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS3, Java, JavaScipt and UI/UX Design coding
What are you waiting for?
We believe that people thrive in environments where opportunity and ambition meet, so when you walk through the doors at Careers Australia, you don’t just step into your next job. You step into your next career.
Everyone at Careers Australia has the opportunity to do, be and give their best. Along with the usual benefits in working for a large organisation, you will also be developed to be your best self both professionally and personally. Unlike many jobs, you will you also have the rare opportunity of being part of an organisation that is helping people to change their lives through education and creating pathways into jobs which many people may have never had before.
Please note – it is a conditions precedent that you agree to participate in a required background check. This check may include;
- Right to Work in Australia
- Qualification or Professional Membership Verification checks
- Criminal History
This position is based in Brisbane, permanent full-time, working Monday to Friday with occasional overtime work.
NB: Careers Australia has the right to close applications at any time.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-13