OverviewBunbury Cathedral Grammar School ICT Systems Administrator Full Time in Bunbury WA
Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School
Branch Bunbury WA AU
ICT Systems Administrator
Position No: 201707 Date Posted: 13/04/2017 Applications Close: 04/05/2017 Salary: Negotiable Division: Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School Occupation:…
Position No: 201707
Date Posted: 13/04/2017
Applications Close: 04/05/2017
Division: Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School
Occupation: Information Technology/Communications
Location: Bunbury – WA
Work Type: Permanent – Full Time
The ICT System Administrator will support the Head of ICT – Technical in realising the ICT Strategic direction of the School, ensuring the ongoing smooth and seamless operation of the School’s ICT Systems within an environment of continuous improvement.
- Maintain and develop the School’s network, AV and telephony infrastructure.
- Install and maintain all School based network operating systems on both physical and virtual servers.
- Provide preventative maintenance, backup and emergency procedures to ensure network performance and availability.
- Develop and maintain, in collaboration with the Head of ICT – Technical, a systems recovery and disaster management plan in the event of system failure.
- Install, configure and monitor the School Internet server and associated peripherals and software, including network accessibility and related security issues.
- Oversee the administration of network services that incorporate the School based Portal, website, Email system, Firewall as well as the SPAM and web filter.
- Plan and implement maintenance and upgrades for system software and hardware as and when required.
- Allocate user accounts, privileges and network resources and design and implement an appropriate School network model, including security and user group structures.
- Administer all School database systems.
- Maintain documentation of network and communication cabling, systems and supported hardware.
- Establish and maintain systems to monitor network traffic, resolving bottle necks and enhancing network throughput and resolve faults.
- Analyse system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems.
- Implement and co-ordinate housekeeping procedures such as system back-ups, monitoring file and disk access etc.
Improvement and Information optimisation
- Assist the Head of ICT – Technical with the planning of future School network additions, alterations and developing platforms and processes that would enable the effective use of Technology.
- Provide ongoing in-house training for other Information Technology staff and School staff as required.
- Research new products for appropriate and necessary equipment replacement or additions.
- Take a lead in optimising applications and the School Management System that would meet key internal stakeholders needs. This include creating reports, digital process forms and supporting work processes that would best enable the use of, and optimise the School’s information systems and technology.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for technology implementations and software optimisation.
- Assist Administration and Senior Academic staff with the smooth running of the School Management System, including the export of data and the creation and modification of reports. eg. Crystal Reporting.
This role will require a well experienced, flexible and energetic System Administrator with a can-do attitude who is willing to make an impact as a key enabler for the School’s overall performance.
Possession of Tertiary/Technical qualifications or equivalent experience in relevant field e.g. MCITP: Server Administration /Cisco CCNP.
Essential Technical Skills:
Demonstrated experience and strong technical knowledge of the following:
- Working knowledge in a variety of ICT technologies included but not limited to:
- Current Microsoft Windows Servers
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server.
- SQL Server.
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- Virtualisation technologies, specifically VMware.
- Server & SAN technology and solutions.
- Backup and disaster recovery.
- Enterprise Anti-virus technologies.
- Networking skills in configuring VPNs, switches, firewalls and routers.
- Web technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of IP protocol, DNS, DHCP etc.
Essential Behavioural Requirements:
- A strong commitment to completing tasks and a flexible attitude to working hours.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position having worked in a medium/large scale organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex tasks to completion.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills suited to interacting within a school environment.
- Experience in a service focused environment and continuous improvement.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to work with users to determine their requirements.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, learn new techniques and share the learning.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience in Crystal Report writing.
- Experience with .NET and web development
Please submit your application online through the Bunbury Cathedral Grammar School website www.bcgs.wa.edu.au
Please Note : The School reserves the right to commence with short listing and interviewing prior to the closing date stated.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Bunbury, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18