OverviewBT Financial Group Senior Portfolio Accountant Contract in Sydney Central Business District NSW
BT Financial Group
Branch Sydney Central Business District NSW AU
Senior Portfolio Accountant
Sydney Central Business District NSW
Provide client accounting and taxation reports, monthly completion of pre-work tasks, quarterly management fee calculations and processing/co-ordinating client…
Westpac Group is made up of some of Australia’s most recognised financial services brands, including Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, BT Financial Group and RAMS. When you join us at Westpac Group you’ll become part of one team striving to reach our vision to be one of the world’s great companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow. Several of our roles, such as this one work to support multiple brands and are part of the driving force behind some of Australia’s most successful companies.
The Senior Portfolio Accountant role ensures a high level of customer service is delivered to internal and external clients. Provide client accounting and taxation reports, monthly completion of pre-work tasks, quarterly management fee calculations and processing/co-ordinating client transfers for the Wholesale, PPS and Managed Accounts products (BT Private Portfolio, BT Aspire, BT Elect clients and BT Go-invest).
Your accountabilities will include:
- Ensure clients reporting requirements (monthly/quarterly/half-yearly/annually) are completed accurately and delivered as per reporting timetable deadlines.
- On a quarterly basis, accurately accrue the management fees for IMS/PPS clients, prior to reporting.
- Ensure all fees are processed accurately, prior to reporting.
Reconciliations – Bank, Stock and Derivatives
- Check the work completed by the Portfolio Accountant. Act as backup in their absence.
- Assist to investigate and follow up any unresolved reconciliation items.
Maintenance of Client Data
- Maintain the client data in the WIAS database, ensuring existing and new clients are set up correctly. Follow up with BT Managed Accounts and BTIM on any outstanding documentation.
- Check and review cash-flow projections completed by Portfolio Accountant.
- Check cash sweeping to ensure accuracy without overdrafts.
- Co-ordinate client transfers with HSBC or External Custodian, process client transfers correctly/timely and follow up any outstanding documentation
- Check client transfers completed by Portfolio Accountant
Pre-work / Priority List timetable
- Prepare pre-work timetable and distribute to the team on a monthly basis by 10 B/D
- Manage the pre-work timetable and ensure all tasks on the timetable are completed
- Prepare the priority list timetable and distribute to Client Reporting team by 10 B/D
- Manage the priority list timetable and ensure all reporting requirements are delivered
Administration / Other Reporting
- Ensure client queries are actioned accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review and update the Client Reporting procedures manual
- Preparation of Quarterly Trustee Report for Westpac Foundation
- Preparation of Quarterly Business Activity Statement for Westpac Foundation
- ATO reporting
- Involvement in ad hoc projects such as identification and implementation of process improvements and projects/tasks
- Act as coach and mentor to new or inexperienced PA’s ensuring they understand their job requirements and bringing them to a competent level of system knowledge
- Develop staff through on the job training and identify appropriate training needs
- Be able to interact and liaise with people from other teams.
Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. You’ll be:
- Able to have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments available
Applications online are encouraged from suitably qualified men and women who are interested in in adopting a positive work-life balance through a range of flexible work options.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Sydney, NSW, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17