OverviewBT Financial Group Senior Financial Accountant Full Time in Bedford Park SA
BT Financial Group
Branch Bedford Park SA AU
Senior Financial Accountant
Bedford Park SA
A rare opportunity now exists for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our Tax & Accounting Services Team at BT Financial Group, Bedford Park….
Westpac Group is made up of some of Australia’s most recognised financial services brands, including Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne, Bank SA, BT Financial Group and RAMS. When you join us at Westpac Group you’ll become part of one team striving to reach our vision to be one of the world’s great companies, helping our customers, communities and people to prosper and grow. Several of our roles work to support multiple brands and are part of the driving force behind some of Australia’s most successful companies.
A rare opportunity now exists for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our Tax & Accounting Services Team at BT Financial Group, Bedford Park.
The Tax and Accounting Services team is responsible for ensuring accurate client, member and fund level reporting relating for BT Wrap, SuperWrap and Asgard products.
This Senior Financial Accountant role is a critical part of the Investment Reporting team, and has a security focus in ensuring that income, transactional and other events relating to managed funds and listed securities are reported correctly both on an ongoing basis and in client statements, including annual tax statements.
Success in this role requires excellent analytical and organisational skills and the ability to manage and interpret large volumes of financial data, including yearend tax information provided by fund managers and share registries.
Within this role you will be part of a supportive team where innovation and professional development are encouraged. Sound taxation knowledge relating to financial investments (e.g. capital gains tax, assessable income) is highly desirable for this role.
Personal requirements will include:
- Strong analytical, judgement and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with TAS management and stakeholders including internal and external auditors.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and results orientation
- Strong team player
- Willing to take ownership of tasks and processes and ensure that these are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to communicate business requirements to Technology team, to enable relevant data to be extracted from internal systems for further analysis.
You will require the following knowledge, qualifications & experience:
- Accounting/Finance Degree qualified (essential)
- CA / CPA Qualification or nearing completion.
- At least five years industry experience essential, preferably in an audit or business services environment, or within the Financial Services/Superannuation industries.
- Strong tax technical knowledge and experience in Managed Funds and/or ASX listed assets is desirable.
- Strong awareness of risk and compliance requirements for business processes.
- Experience in identifying and implementing continuous process improvement
- Experience in dealing with external service providers on a day to day basis.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- MS SQL knowledge an advantage
- Ability to quickly learn and utilise internal systems will be required.
Westpac Group is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Bedford Park, SA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-17