OverviewBrisbane City Council SAFETY COORDINATOR Full Time in Brisbane QLD
Brisbane City Council
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
We encourage and support project management excellence through providing capability and assurance programs for project leaders across Council….
Req ID: 58443
Personnel Area: Brisbane Infrastructure
Branch: City Projects Office / Project Management
Salary Range: AUD $96,479 to $105,879 per annum
Remuneration stated is for the full-time positions
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Brisbane City Council’s City Projects Office delivers projects and programs through effective project ownership, management, planning and design. We work in partnership with areas across Council and industry to provide world-class infrastructure that enhances Brisbane’s lifestyle for its residents. Our projects incorporate best-practice planning and design. We encourage and support project management excellence through providing capability and assurance programs for project leaders across Council.
Due to a recent team movement, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced safety professional for the Safety Coordinator role in the City Projects Office (CPO). In this role you would lead a team providing advice, strategies and guidance on health and safety and environmental matters to promote Zero Harm and to ensure all staff and managers are compliant with Workplace Health and Safety legislative requirements.
Your responsibilities in this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading staff to achieve Zero Harm through the application of Workplace Health and Safety legislation, strategies, policies and initiatives and the demonstration of behaviours that are consistent with Zero Harm
- Operating at a strategic level, develop and drive strategic policy and initiatives Managing the safety audit process and implement action plans Providing professional guidance, support, develop strategies for reducing WH&S risks
- Represent City Projects Office on committees and forums for WH&S matters as appropriate. Ensuring the design and delivery of safety induction, safety training and evaluation of safe working procedures and practices in the workplace takes place and is effective
- Producing management reports, presentations and submissions relating to WH&S including benchmarking.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Extensive knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and apply relevant Workplace Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation, policies and procedures
- Substantial experience in development and project managing WH&S strategy and action initiatives for use and adoption by senior management
- Demonstrated experience in change management, including assessing organisational culture and workplace dynamics, and an ability to utilise highly developed influencing skills to induce cultural and organisation change specifically related to workplace health and safety
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality WH&S services, including monitoring performance, producing reports and proposing and managing the implementation of strategies to continually improve performance for major projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of management and staff groups and provide credible professional advice and develop and present on the strategic direction of WH&S
- Possession of a Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety. (minimum requirement).
Working in Council means delivering excellent customer service to the people of Brisbane.
Duration: Permanent full-time
How to apply: Click on the ‘Apply’ button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Position description: CLICK HERE
(Right click on link and copy shortcut into a new browser for example, Chrome).
More information: Please phone David Tonkin 07 3178 7340
Closing date: 11.55pm on 27 April 2017
Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace. Council was awarded the 2016 Employer of Year at the National Disability Awards.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-18