OverviewBrisbane City Council PROJECT OFF POLICY ECON DEV Temporay in Brisbane QLD
Brisbane City Council
Branch Brisbane QLD AU
PROJECT OFF POLICY ECON DEV
(Single Sign On) or from home using a Remote Connection Service using an RSA SecureID token to log into the system….
Req ID: 86245
Personnel Area: City Planning and Sustainability
Branch: City Planning and Economic Development
Salary Range: AUD $83,953 to $93,348 Remuneration stated is for the full-time positions
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Brisbane City Council’s Economic Development team works to enhance Brisbane’s capacity for long-term economic growth. It coordinates and implements projects to attract industry, investment, jobs and visitors.
The Economic Development team develops and participates in joint activities and strategic projects with internal levels of government, industry representatives and the private sector to implement the Brisbane Economic Development Plan.
As the Project Officer for Policy Economic Development you will play a lead role in research for and implementation of, the Brisbane Economic Development Plan and the development of policies for the economic, commercial and industrial growth of Brisbane.
Key duties for the role are:
- Managing economic development projects of an investigatory, statistical, research or general nature
- Providing input, advice and assistance on economic development issues and strategies
- Taking initiative and using innovative skills to research, develop and implement economic development strategies
- Preparing and delivering presentations to key project stakeholders
- Monitor, evaluate and report on assigned project plans, budgetary performance and required time frames
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a professional field relevant to economic development
- Demonstrated research, analytical, policy, innovation, and problem solving skills
- Project management methodology knowledge and experience in the delivery of multiple projects to agreed outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and consultation with relevant stakeholders
Benefits of working for Council include:
- flexible working hours, and flexible arrangements
- free gym and wellness centre
- award winning superannuation fund
- generous leave provisions
- competitive salary.
Working in Council means delivering excellent customer service to the people of Brisbane.
How to apply: Click on the ‘Apply’ button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and covering letter (of no more than one page) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a Criminal History Check/Working with Children Check.
Position description: CLICK HERE – see instructions below
NB. Right click on link and copy shortcut into a new browser for example, Chrome.
Further Information: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council including the employment information kit.
More information: Phone Doug Edwards 07 3178 9305
Closing Date: Friday 5 May 2017 at 11:55pm
Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace. Council was awarded the 2016 Employer of Year at the National Disability Awards.
Employees must apply for internal vacancies while at work signed in to Council’s system (Single Sign On) or from home using a Remote Connection Service using an RSA SecureID token to log into the system. Field based employees will be provided a system log in and password to enable them to apply online. Employees can call Resource and Contractor Management for additional assistance
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brisbane, QLD, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-23