OverviewBrimbank City Council Snr Strategic Planner Temporay in Sunshine VIC
Brimbank City Council
Branch Sunshine VIC AU
Snr Strategic Planner
Experience in strategic land use planning, policy development and project management. Providing strategic planning advice to Council, the Executive Management…
Council’s City Strategy Department is seeking a Strategic Planner with minimum 5 years experience to join its team based in Sunshine on a part time temporary basis. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team on interesting and complex projects preparing planning scheme amendments and implementing strategic plans and policies.
You will be responsible for:
- The preparation and implementation of strategic land use plans and policies.
- Providing strategic planning advice to Council, the Executive Management Team, senior management, the City Planning Department, and other internal and external contacts.
- Processing of planning scheme amendments.
- The preparation of development strategies and policies that support economic activity and employment initiatives.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications suitable for full membership to the Planning Institute of Australia.
- Experience in strategic land use planning, policy development and project management.
- Broad knowledge of relevant legislation, planning frameworks, principles and issues.
This position is a temporary part time (14.4 hrs p/w) position up until 18/12/2018 and closes at 5 pm on 2/05/2017.
Essential: Do you have relevant tertiary qualifications in planning or a related discipline together with substantial relevant planning experience?
Essential: Do you have an advanced understanding of the Victorian planning system, substantial experience in administering planning related legislation and regulations, an ability to prepare and implement strategic plans and policies, and write statutory planning provisions?
Essential: Do you have a well-developed project management skills, experience in cross-organisational and multi-disciplinary teams, an ability to manage a range of issues simultaneously, and to determine resource requirements?
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Sunshine, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-21