Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2016-06-16
BNP Paribas Analyst – Performance & Compliance (PERMANENT) Contract in Sydney NSW
Branch Sydney NSW AU
Analyst – Performance & Compliance (PERMANENT)
Recommend and implement improvements to service for both clients and BPSS Investment, in terms if efficiencies and new products and services….
Summary of the Role
- Calculate investment performance for internal and external clients
- Conduct analysis of investment portfolios to determine adherence to mandates
- Provide analytical support to unit pricing functions
- Calculate investment performance data for clients in accordance with the industry standards –(AIPS and GIPS) as well as client service level agreement (SLA) requirements. This includes core performance measurement, after-tax performance, risk analysis and attribution analysis.
- Provide compliance / investment monitoring reports on a regular basis, ensuring investment managers adhere to their mandates and all mandate breaches are detected and acted upon.
- An essential part of this role is to take part in a roster program involving a two week rotation of starting at 6:30 am to collate market indices for use across the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure provision of high level of service;
- Development of the BPSS Performance Measurement System/s – IRP
- Recommend and implement improvements to service for both clients and BPSS Investment, in terms if efficiencies and new products and services.
- Ensure a robust and automated performance and compliance process in a controlled environment.
- Investigate, document, report and resolve issues and recommend corrective action where appropriate;
Risk and compliance
- Identify and alert management to risks, deficiencies and opportunities for re-engineering of controls and processes.
- Ensure Cross training and get exposed to all the areas of the team;
- Ensure Compliance of all processes with internal policies and procedures;
- Perform other tasks as requested
Qualifications & Experience required for the role
- Strong understanding of financial markets and investment management processes, including back office functions.
- Performance measurement experience (2+ years) from either a custody or funds management background
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, especially macros (VBA)
- Knowledge of the relevant industry standards (AIPS, GIPS and 6S)
- Knowledge of performance attribution analysis, and how to calculate it.
- Knowledge of statistical risk measures and how to calculate them.
- Understanding of financial markets, and the drivers behind market movements.
- Understanding of Unit Pricing, regulations applying to financial service and Tax
Technical Skills required for the role
- Advanced proficiency in the following packages;
- IRP (proprietary system)
- Eurosycomore ( proprietary system)
- Powerpoint (desirable)
Advertised: 09 Jun 2016 Aus. Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Jun 2016 Aus. Eastern Standard Time