OverviewBiosis Pty Ltd GIS Operator (Level 1) Contract in Melbourne VIC
Biosis Pty Ltd
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
GIS Operator (Level 1)
Biosis has undertaken many ecological, heritage and environmental approval projects throughout south-eastern Australia and employs a highly experienced multi…
12-month contract position
We are currently seeking a GIS Operator (Level 1) to join our multi-disciplined consulting team based in Melbourne. This is an opportunity to join a market leading consultancy which provides ecological, heritage and environmental approval services throughout south-eastern Australia.
Biosis has undertaken many ecological, heritage and environmental approval projects throughout south-eastern Australia and employs a highly experienced multi-disciplinary team that includes Aquatic Ecologists, Archaeologists, Botanists, Environmental Planners, GIS Operators and Zoologists. We have offices in Melbourne, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney, Wangaratta and Wollongong.
Our Melbourne office is located close to the CBD and is easily accessible by public transport. We are a very short walk from the North Port Tram Stop. This provides access to all the services of Melbourne without the hassle of traffic and parking.
Biosis are seeking a GIS Operator (Level 1) with experience in GIS/drafting packages, preferably ArcGIS, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines being critical. You are a highly motivated individual willing to participate fully in a team environment. The main duties involve GIS map generation, data exporting and importing, digitizing and simple queries.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Geomatics, Surveying or appropriate discipline.
- A minimum of one year experience using GIS packages.
- Previous experience working within a consulting environment would be favorable as well as a keen interest in the environment.
- Basic experience in sales, client relationship management and business development including proposal preparation and client liaison.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS word, excel , outlook, and/or similar software packages
- Experience with project management, including budgets.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, an experienced team in GIS, Environmental Approvals, Ecology and Heritage consulting and a supportive work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base plus super, professional membership and conference allowance, plus a wide range of employment benefits. As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Employee Reward and Recognition Program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Mentoring and Training Program.
- Study assistance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Social activities.
- Internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
This is a 12-month contract position with the potential to become permanent. This opportunity is best suited to individuals with a passion for GIS that are looking to become part of an enthusiastic and vibrant team.
For more information, contact Aaron Troy on 0429 148 687.
To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria, to: Aaron Troy, Victorian Resource Group Manager [email protected]
A Position Description is available on our website at: www.biosis.com.au
Applications will close at 5pm on Wednesday, 10 May 2017.
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.
19 Apr 2017
10 May 2017
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-22