OverviewBHP Billiton Specialist Telecommunications Solution Architect – Perth Part Time in Western Australia
Branch WA AU
Specialist Telecommunications Solution Architect – Perth
State-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility; Join our new Technology team expansion….
Join our new Technology team expansion
Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHP Billiton’s global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will be first to embrace new technologies such as VR, Drones, automation and everything in between to lead our industry globally.
About the Opportunity
As our Technology revolution continues to develop, the Design & Architecture team has a few opportunities for talented Solutions Architects with demonstrated capabilities in the following areas:
- Production of high level and detailed LAN/WAN designs encompassing RF desktop studies and surveys, microwave engineering, LAN/WAN design
- End to end delivery of technology solution designs for LTE implementations across surface and underground environments, incorporating EPC, OAM and EUTRAN components
- Digital Radio strategies and standard designs (essential)
- Coordinating the design, implementation, integration/migration and transition of services
- Execution and test oversight of EPC/OAM/EUTRAN/UE delivery
You will be part of a high performing team that has some exciting times ahead of them and the opportunity to influence the direction and quality of the organisation’s Technology direction.
We are looking for passionate people who love all things architecture and design and want to think outside the square every day.
To be successful you will need to have a Technical Degree (STEM) which is mandatory for these roles. Some other formal requirements include:
- Industry qualifications in fixed and wireless networking protocols and technologies is essential – preferably Cisco certified (CCNA/ CCNP)
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of IP Networks including equipment selection, scoping, design, integration and migration relating to IETF and IEEE based protocols
- Strong technical skills in Network Security and Tunnelling
- Linux administration using RHEL, Debian variants
- Demonstrated understanding and application of cloud and hybrid computer, storage and virtualisation platforms
- Proven skills in deploying various analogue and VMR technologies including VHF, UHF – Tetra, DMR, P25, including wideband microwave transmission systems in P2P & P2MP topologies, optical fibre systems such as DWDM,OTN, SDH, Packet, leaky feeder systems, DAS, WiFi
- Experience articulating solution designs using contemporary industry modelling standards (Archimate, BPMN-2, UML, other). Qualifications in architecture methodologies such as TOGAF is desirable.
- Track record in delivering solution designs and taking the lead on design decisions
Naturally, you will have a track record of successful end to end stakeholder engagement, great communication and project coordination skills.
What we offer you
At BHP Billiton, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- Activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
- BHP Billiton value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you’ll experience:
- dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;
- state-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility;
- parents room.
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution.
For further information check www.bhpbilliton.com/techrevolution or to immediately apply go to www./careers.bhpbilliton.com/cw/en/job/789065/technology-revolution
BHP Billiton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians.
About BHP Billiton
At BHP Billiton, our products are the essential building blocks of progress, fuelling change that lifts the living standards of millions of people around the world. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability. Learn more about working at BHP Billiton and the exciting career opportunities that exist for professionals, undergraduates and graduates on our website: http://www.bhpbilliton.com/our-approach/work-with-us
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: , Western Australia, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25