OverviewBHP Billiton Specialist Cyber Forensics and Investigation | Technology Security Risk & Compliance | Melbourne Part Time in Victoria
Branch VIC AU
Specialist Cyber Forensics and Investigation | Technology Security Risk & Compliance | Melbourne
BHP Billiton’s global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising…
Join our new Technology team expansion
Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. BHP Billiton’s global Technology team is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will be first to embrace new technologies such as VR, Drones, automation and everything in between to lead our industry globally.
About the Opportunity
BHP Billiton Technology (Technology) is a global function accountable for the development and delivery of company-wide technology systems and services to BHP Billiton businesses and functions.
This role will be working in our Security Governance, Risk & Compliance (SGRC) Global team. SGRC is responsible for protecting technology assets by preventing and mitigating information and cybersecurity-related risk. This requires setting the security standards and processes to provide a secure system landscape for the company and deliver effective governance, risk and compliance management for Technology.
The Technology and Cyber Security unit is seeking a Forensics and Investigation Specialist with Global experience to mitigate vulnerability and conduct information and cyber security investigations. The appointed person will be responsible for protecting BHP Billiton’s assets across all locations (including remote offices) and assisting the team through the provision of technical and planning advice and through supporting investigations leadership.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conducting forensics investigation, including collecting and analyzing data from electronic sources such as infrastructure logs, hosting application logs, end-points and network file servers to support security incident response activities.
- To investigate suspected violations of BHP Billiton’s Code of Conduct and to carry out computer forensic analysis, data recovery, e-Discovery as well as other IT investigative work.
- Collaboration with fraud examiners, other IT Investigative experts, counsel, human resources and other IT technical personnel with investigations is required.
- Accountability to examine computers and media generated by computers to develop evidence as an expert in the specialty area of forensic computer science.
- It will be critical to determine the most appropriate method of protecting original evidence and recovering deleted, erased, hidden and encrypted data through the design, development, de-bugging, testing, reverse engineering, documentation and maintenance of computer programs for security applications.
- Communication skills are necessary in order to explain complex technical matters with external and internal IT stakeholders including Legal, Corporate Security, Human Resources, IT Security, Engineering and other business groups.
- Investigating suspected fraud and/or other illegal acts involving technology services and processes is imperative.
- Establishing and maintaining controls for genuine retrieval and handling of evidence is needed.
- Assisting other cyber security teams in carrying out in-depth investigations into security breaches using all available tools within BHP Billiton. Process and deliver evidence for e-Discovery.
- Interview personnel to obtain information that relates to investigations, where relevant, the support of HR and Legal. Vigilantly protect User data, ensuring proper handling and protection electronically.
To be successful you will need to have:
- A Technical Degree which is mandatory for this role such as Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience in information security within a large corporation.
- Completed or be working towards a relevant professional qualification, for example, CISSP or a Certificate III in Investigative Services.
- Proven ability to follow global established standards in digital evidence acquisition and handling, experience with conducting digital investigations and incident responses and experience in managing insider threats and cyber and data exfiltration incidences.
- Understanding of Windows and Linus environments, preferably within a large distributed business; demonstrated experience working with SIEM systems; scripting capability (i.e. Python, Perl and PowerShell) for data processing and automation; experience with EnCase, FTK or Sleuthkit.
- Ability to conduct evidence collection using network and physical collection protocols, experience in infrastructure log analysis and correlation and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience will see you secure this rewarding role. In this role you will need to be comfortable with ambiguity and able to deal with an evolving complex/global work environment.
What we offer you
At BHP Billiton, we will provide you an environment to:
- be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- be accountable and performance driven;
- work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- problem-solve collaboratively together;
- activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
BHP Billiton value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment where you’ll experience:
- flexible work arrangements (focus on outcomes, not hours);
- dedicated leadership and female mentoring programs;
- 18 weeks paid parental leave;
- state-of-the-art facilities with WiFi enabled indoor and outdoor spaces collaboration and versatility;
- parents room.
Join our Technology expansion
Take the next steps in pioneering your technology career and being a part of our Tech revolution.
About BHP Billiton
At BHP Billiton, our products are the essential building blocks of progress, fuelling change that lifts the living standards of millions of people around the world. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability. Learn more about working at BHP Billiton and the exciting career opportunities that exist for professionals, undergraduates and graduates on our website: http://www.bhpbilliton.com/our-approach/work-with-us
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Victoria, TX, US
Posted on: 2017-04-17