OverviewBHP Billiton Legal Team Administrator l 9 Month Fixed Term | Legal | Perth Contract in Western Australia
Branch WA AU
Legal Team Administrator l 9 Month Fixed Term | Legal | Perth
This will include proactive day-to-day diary management, travel arrangements, preparation for meetings/briefings, co-ordination of meetings, general…
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
This position will be based in our Perth Office and is available as a 9 month Fixed Term opportunity.
About the role
The focus of this role is to provide proactive, confidential and efficient administrative and executive support to Head of Legal WAIO & NiW, Vice President Legal Minerals Australia and Perth Legal team.
This will include proactive day-to-day diary management, travel arrangements, preparation for meetings/briefings, co-ordination of meetings, general administrative support and expense management
Other core accountabilities:
- Co-ordination of monthly reports for Minerals Australia team;
- Purchase order creation and management of purchase orders;
- Acting as a liaison point for external law firms on matter management and billing;
- On boarding of all new starters and secondees;
- Review and screen mail, internal and external calls, requests and correspondence so that those matters which should be dealt with by the Legal Team are followed up and that other matters are delegated to other appropriate officers or are dealt with directly; and
- Managing confidential and sensitive matters with diplomacy.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A qualification in secretarial/ administration would be viewed favourably;
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Proficient use of BHP Billiton systems including 1SAP, SAMS Workflow, 1DOC Managed Documents;
- Previous experience in an Executive Assistant or high level Administrator role desirable;
- Strong technical proficiency, with the ability to efficiently manage multiple work processes in a busy and complex environment;
- Strong planning and organisational skills with high attention to detail;
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills;
- Action oriented and results focused. Advanced influencing skills and be able to work effectively with all levels;
- Interpersonal skills – approachability, customer focus, peer relationships, integrity and trust;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower – ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Find out more about our benefits in each location on our People & Careers Page at our website.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: , WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-14