OverviewBHP Billiton Engineer – Civil/Structural Governance Full Time in South Australia
Branch SA AU
Engineer – Civil/Structural Governance
Bachelor Engineering (Civil/Structural). Support and monitor Civil/Structural engineering activities across all Mine projects and operations to ensure…
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Governance & Technical Stewardship – Mine and working within an experienced and supportive team of engineers, in this role you will provide Civil/Structural technical expertise and engineering governance to the Olympic Dam Mine operational area.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Review and update the complete set of Civil/Structural technical documentation (incl. engineering standards, equipment standards, specifications, procedures, programs and drawings) from which the Mine Operation is designed, constructed, operated, and maintained, exists and is in an as built status.
- Provide Civil/Structural guidance to Engineering Services Contractors in relation to Civil/Structural engineering work to ensure BHP Billiton standards are met
- Support and monitor Civil/Structural engineering activities across all Mine projects and operations to ensure consistent fit for purpose engineering standards are applied
- Lead the maintenance of physical and electronic documentation in line with defined document management standards.
- Support deep technical Civil/Structural Engineering subject matter expertise and consultative support for a defined set of technical disciplines is provided to the Mine Operation.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Bachelor Engineering (Civil/Structural)
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia
- CPEng with Engineers Australia
- Previous experience in projects involving:
- Engineering (HSE) design
- Statutory compliance
- Project management
- Risk management
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in the fit-for purpose engineering standards
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before Sunday 7 th May 2017
Reference Number – 790835
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , South Australia, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-25