OverviewBeauty Therapy & Make Up Trainer Contract in Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC
Branch Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC AU
Beauty Therapy & Make Up Trainer
Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC
Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of available make-up and beauty products; Having commend as a small aged care training organisation in Frankston 11 years…
Our client is a well-established Training organisation based in Melbourne. Having commend as a small aged care training organisation in Frankston 11 years ago they have built the business into one that is respected for their true integrity and honesty with branches in the Frankston, Dandenong, Melbourne CBD and growing, providing qualifications in Beauty Therapy, Early Childhood and Aged Care.
The reason for their success is belief in what they do and providing honest career guidance to assist their clients in achieving their personal goals and securing not just a job but a long term career!
As a Make-Up Trainer based across all campuses within the business you will bring your creative flair and positive work ethic to train and assess student competencies in the following:
- Production study, reading scripts to ascertain the materials and the look required, budget implications and identifying areas where research is required;
- Producing and sketching design ideas for hairstyles and make-up;
- Ensuring continuity in hair and make-up and liaising with other members of the design team to ensure the overall look/effect is consistent and coherent;
- Demonstrating and implementing a practical understanding of lighting, the photographic process, colours and the impact of special effects/make-up processes on the skin;
- Maintaining awareness of health and safety issues and legislation;
- Casting facial and body moulds and sculpting latex foam, known as prosthetics;
- Fitting and maintaining wigs, hairpieces and prosthetics;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of available make-up and beauty products;
- Sourcing, budgeting and ordering materials and equipment from specialist suppliers;
- Time management, knowing how long a subject will take to be made-up;
- Working quickly and accurately in time-pressured conditions;
- Taking detailed notes and photographs of work, maintaining an up-to-date portfolio of work
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Minimum 12 months experience in training and assessment complying with AQTF Standards
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years industry experience
- Highly motivated
- Proven high level of professionalism and drive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you consider yourself driven, enthusiastic and resilient with a passion for guiding people in the right direction then this role is for you! It is encouraged to provide a portfolio of your work when attending the interview.
For a confidential discussion or to find out more about this opportunity contact Charlotte Dean on 03 9252 7838 or simply click on ‘apply’ sending your resume and a cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2015-01-28