OverviewBankwest Senior Business Analyst Contract in Perth WA
Branch Perth WA AU
Senior Business Analyst
The business analyst understands business problems and opportunities and recommends solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals….
This is an opportunity for you to join a truly exciting program at Bankwest, working on a new world class system for our customers. We think of the work as a movement, not a program, as we embrace Customer Experience (CX)/ User Experience (UX) led design and new ways of working to smash old conceptions about the banking industry and design a product that will matter for our customers.
The team consists of approximately 90 people, predominantly located in Perth and a team based in our Sydney offices. The program is run entirely Agile, so prior Agile experience is a must, and this will be an opportunity to influence the start-up of a complete brand new team.
We embrace the concept of cross-skilled teams, and are looking for an analyst to join the team who loves what they do and wants to share the knowledge with others in the team.
You will elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to processes, policies and information systems. The business analyst understands business problems and opportunities and recommends solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals. You will then work with your delivery team to ensure these requirements are brought to life through development and implementation.
- Ability to effectively interpret customer needs, through research (including customer testing) and translate into project objectives, scope, features, process and detailed specifications.
- Critically assess, analyse, and evaluate proposed solution/s in order to reach the most appropriate outcome based on customer needs and parameters, with a strong focus on customer experience, functional analysis and design.
- Strong emphasis on building relationships and facilitating discussion with key business and subject matter experts in order to better understand business process and needs.
- Strong team ethic and the ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders at different levels within the organisation.
- Facilitate workshops, 1:1 discussions, site visits and observations in order to extract ‘as is’ process and fully understand customer and business need.
- Ability to effectively plan and estimate effort needed to deliver on quality, time, scope and cost
- Ensure that change requirements/specifications (both written and verbal) are concise, accurate, and unambiguous and aligned to business strategic objectives.
- Positive attitude and open mind to question new ways of doing things.
- Ability to conceptualise ideas and visions, think creatively and quickly grasp and understand business needs and strategic directions.
- Stakeholder management and the ability to build effective working relationships, including influencing and negotiating.
- Growing experience in using a variety of techniques such as workshop facilitation, Joint Application Design sessions, storyboarding (including creating story cards) and pro-typing to assist in clarifying business needs.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Problem identification and solving.
- Work with a sense of vibrancy and have a willingness to work collaboratively and share knowledge with other team members.
- Experience working in software development teams
- Experience working in an Agile Team.
- Experience using JIRA
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Experience with Lean UX or Design Thinking
If you’d like further information or need assistance please contact us on 1800 989 696.
Advertised: 13 Apr 2017
Applications close: 27 Apr 2017
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Perth, WA, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-15