OverviewBanksia Gardens Community Services Assistant Work Skills Supervisor Contract in Melbourne VIC
Banksia Gardens Community Services
Branch Melbourne VIC AU
Assistant Work Skills Supervisor
Our programs focus mainly on education and training, young people, early childhood, environmental sustainability and community participation and advocacy….
Banksia Gardens Community Services is a vibrant community service organisation operating in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Our programs focus mainly on education and training, young people, early childhood, environmental sustainability and community participation and advocacy.
The Banksia Gardens’ Department of Training and Employment is dedicated to the provision of innovative programs to build the skills of our local community. An exciting position is available as part of our Work Skills team. Use your strong communication skills and leadership experience to provide a high level of supervision and mentoring to a crew of Work for the Dole participants, and deliver a hands-on carpentry training program.
The role: As an Assistant Work Skills Supervisor you will provide support to the Work Skills Supervisor and oversee specific projects and provide a high level of supervision and mentoring to a crew of Work for the Dole participants. You should possess strong communication skills and possess the ability to motivate small teams. This is a part-time position with minimum 15 hours per week, additional hours of work will be dependent on program needs. The position will be based at Banksia Gardens Community Services in Broadmeadows.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct support to the Work Skills Supervisor.
- Lead, coordinate, mentor and induct project participants.
- Work with participants to improve their employability skills including teamwork and participation.
- Supervise various work crews.
- Comply with and enforce all WHS requirements.
- Ensure the project scope of works are achieved within budget.
- Maintain positive working relationships with project stakeholders.
- Facilitate, monitor, record and manage participant attendance and non-attendance.
- Maintain project progress reports.
- Ensure tools/equipment are utilised correctly, maintained and securely stored.
- Any other duty as reasonably requested.
What are we looking for?
- Proven skills and experience in handyman work, construction, carpentry or similar.
- Thorough understanding of and commitment to safe working practices.
- High level communication skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- The ability to engage and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in leading and mentoring small teams.
- Proven conflict resolution skills and an ability to diffuse potential situations.
Banksia Gardens Community Services is a child safe organisation. The successful applicant must hold a valid Working with Children Check number and successfully undertake a pre-employment police check.
A position description is attached below.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Posted on: 2017-04-16